IMON has problem with user privileges and zip files

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Bob Hutchison, Apr 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bob Hutchison

Bob Hutchison Registered Member

I have been trying to solve a problem that my wife has been experiencing when receiving emails that have password protected zip attachments. When received, the email has no header information, no attachment and a meaningless message body that contains information like "------=NextPart...(some gibberish)...".

I have not had any problems receiving the same emails myself. I have ruled out hardware, operating system and email client as sources of the problem. I have found that the problem is somehow tied up with user privileges.

My wife logs onto our home Windows 2003 domain as a Domain_User whereas I am Domain_Administrator. If I set her up as Domain_Administrator (undesirable!) the problem disappears. None of the other built-in domain operator groups will work. When she logs on as a local User to her PC, instead of the domain, the problem still exists. It goes away with Power_User or Administrator privileges.

Today I established that the problem is also associated with IMON. If I disable IMON (also undesirable!) she receives the emails correctly.

So it would appear that IMON is demanding some privileges that she does not have in her normal user environment. Do any of the guru here have ideas on what I can do to overcome the problem?

Tia,
    Bob

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Deleted suggestion. Not pertinent. :D

Last edited: Apr 20, 2004
  3. anders

anders Eset Staff Account

Bob, we need more information. See the private message I sent you.

Best regards,
    Anders

4. Bob Hutchison

Bob Hutchison Registered Member

Anders,

Hope you received my email with the information requested. Any progress on solving this problem?

Bob

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.