IMON, files being downloaded…

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Matt_Smi, Feb 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matt_Smi

Matt_Smi Registered Member

For the first time yesterday I noticed that when loading a webpage in the lower right hand corner of my screen there was a small box that said NOD32 downloading, and then a little icon in the system tray that said IMON: files being downloaded. Over the weekend I had my computer at home and I configured NOD32 using the extra settings, at home I did not notice this box at all and noticed no slowdown with the extra settings. But once I brought my computer back to college I started noticing that little box once and a while.

Now believe it or not my college has one of the slowest networks around, it is honestly not that big of a step above dial up, I have seen it take 5-10 minutes to download a 5 Mb file. So is this little box just telling me that the webpage loading it being downloaded to and scanned by IMON before it is displayed on my screen? And I wonder which setting caused it to occur because I never noticed it when my computer was at college before I did the extra settings (I have only had NOD for about a month) maybe it was scan all files? It really does not bother me and I am willing to wait a bit extra for the protection it is providing, I am just glad that it does not do it at home where my internet is very fast.

2. flyrfan111

flyrfan111 Registered Member

the high efficiency setting causes it, you probably don't notice it at home because of your high speed connection.

High efficiency causes IMON to hold the file until it can check the whole file and then it passes it on to the browser.

3. Matt_Smi

Matt_Smi Registered Member

Thanks for the info; I put firefox.exe back into higher compatibility and that download box went away, the internet also runs a lot faster now. Well for here anyway, it looks like I will have to decide between faster internet or better protection, which really sucks because at home I can have both!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.