Imon.dll problem in Vista 32

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by epdom, Oct 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. epdom

epdom Registered Member

Hello to all

I have been having this error ocurred in my system many times.

System
    - Provider
    [ Name] Application Error

- EventID 1000
    [ Qualifiers] 0

Level 2

Task 100

Keywords 0x80000000000000

- TimeCreated
    [ SystemTime] 2007-10-12T14:25:41.000Z

EventRecordID 32493

Channel Application

Computer XXXXXXX

Security

EventData
    svchost.exe_gpsvc
    4549adc4
    imon.dll
    45cc42f4
    c0000005
    45c
    01c80cbf56297fca

as shown in the event log.

I have two computers in a LAN where Internet access is shared through ICS. Problem only happens when the computer (client) sharing ICS is turned on after the host is. Problem does not show if Host is turned on and client is not connected or Host is turned on after the client.

I suspect it has something to do with a local directive policy not set correctly (?)

I have seen the same problem reported elsewhere but no solutions posted so far. I would appreciate any help with this problem.

Vista Ultimate 32 fully updated
    Running account with Adm privileges (problem does not seem to happen in restricted accounts on host)
    NOD version 2.70.32

Best Regards

2. NOD32 user

NOD32 user Registered Member

Hi epdom,

It should be correct for ICS to have IMON disabled with the IMON icon grey (not red or green) on the host PC or spend the time to work a suitable set of exclusions into the list on the miscellaneous tab.

This is due to the nature of the internal traffic that ICS generates.

Cheers :)

3. epdom

epdom Registered Member

Hi User

Thnxs for your prompt reply. I had alg.exe in the exclusion list already. What other app should I include (as needed by ICS).

Regards

4. NOD32 user

NOD32 user Registered Member

I was thinking svchost.exe

Worth noting that most exclusions need to be added both as LFN and the short 8.3 format to cover how windows may reference the file depending on the calling mechanism used to access it.

Cheers :)

5. epdom

epdom Registered Member

I disabled Imon for the time being and think this problem should be further investigated by Eset. Not sure if the problem lies with NOD32 or Microsoft.

Doing some search found that in the past (previous versions of NOD32), Imon was making calls to some API component where the response if NULL would crash Imon. Also read that this problem was resolved with a new version of Imon, but kept wondering if this is not the same problem happening again.

Regards

6. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Most likely nobody will investigate because v2 is out of further developement . Version 3 is very loudly knocking on the door and if this problem is in v3 , then yes . However , v3 handles the internet traffic in a way different from v2's IMON/Winsock so I think there will be not problems with that :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.