IMON Disabled automatic

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by jordi.c, Dec 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jordi.c

jordi.c Registered Member

Hello,

Today I was thinking to look in my NOD32 v2.70.39 log to see if there were any recent attacks.

At my astonishment IMON was not active. So IMON wasn't enabled.

I have used my PC maybe weeks with IMON disabled without knowing it :(.

Is it possible that some kind of virus/hacker disabled my IMON in NOD32, because I didn't do it?

How can I check if there have been any harmful to my PC during this period?

Br.
    Jordi

p.s. already checked my bank account, no mystery transactions have been made.

2. TravisO

TravisO Registered Member

Yes, there are ways to disable NOD 2.7 and considering some of the subjects here lately, I think it's still possible in 3.0 (ex https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=196091 )

NOD32 is marking each flavor of the disabler as a virus so you won't run them, but that doesn't stop hackers from changing it so it doesn't appear as a virus.

I'm seriously considering switching to BitDefender or Kaspersky when my 1yr runs oun (about 6 months).

3. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

Run an In-Depth Analysis scan on demand. Was Amon active? If so then your probably ok.

4. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

They have their own problems, but good luck with that.

5. Hiker

Hiker Registered Member

I know. It's funny how some will give up on one product after learning it, to try another and spend months figuring it out.

6. ASpace

ASpace Guest

@ jordi.c

If the icon of NOD32 is green and white , AMON is active , there is no need to panic . IMON works at the Winsock level and if it is grey , most likely it is not registered at the Winsock no longer , in some way corrupted .

If IMON is red , it is just disabled (active but not performing scannings) and you can enabled it.

Try to first perform Winsock repair and then download NOD32 and perform in-place repair install.

Repair Winsock
    Windows XP SP2 and Windows Vista

Goto Start –> Run
    type cmd and click OK.
    Type netsh winsock reset
    Press ENTER . Restart immediately !

N.B. ! There is a space between the commands , example netshSPACEwinsockSPACEreset
    N.B. ! If you use Windows Vista , you must first run cmd as Administrator .

1. Download fresh new NOD32 from http://www.eset.com/download
    Make sure that you choose the correct version => Home edition 2.7
    2. Run the installer , it will see you have active version and will offer you repair . Choose to keep the current settings . Reboot when necessary.

7. jordi.c

jordi.c Registered Member

Thanks for all your help guys, so fast ;).

Well, I have done an in depth scan of my drives. The result was NOD32 didn't find anything.

The event log showed one error:

http://img104.imageshack.us/img104/2359/prtscnrsc3.png.

To answer on HighTEch_Boy the box wasn't clicked of IMON. When I clicked that box I had to reboot and nothing else. I thought it wasn't red.

Br.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.