Imon and Sun JAVA

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by WilliamP, Dec 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WilliamP

WilliamP Registered Member

My wife loves to play Yahoo SPADES. We are having a problem because SUN JAVA says it can't get a HTTP connection. I went into IMON set up HTTP client compatibility and I don't see anything about JAVA. Is that my problem? If it is how do I correct it. I need help ,my wife wants play SPADES.

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

I would suggest temporarily unchecking IMON protection....try Yahoo spades and if it works it's IMON and further adjustments can be looked into. If it's not IMON re-enable the protection.

Also back in the IMON HTTP client compatibility section....set your web browser to Higher Compatibility mode and see what happens.

3. WilliamP

WilliamP Registered Member

Thank you Bubba . I think it may be LooknStop that is the problem. I am checking that end. I will let you know.

4. Manny Carvalho

Manny Carvalho Registered Member

Does temporarily disabling IMON require a NOD32 restart? It seems that it would in order to remove the LSP hooks.

5. NOD32 user

NOD32 user Registered Member

Correct - make sure that IMON is not just stopped (red icon) but actually disabled with the IMON icon grey - and then a reboot.

Cheers :)

6. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

If by "disabling IMON" you mean selecting Quit(Unload IMON)....the answer would be Yes as I assume NOD32 user is referring to. However.... "unchecking IMON protection"(Interent Monitor (IMON) Enabled) that I mentioned above is not the same and would not require a reboot. Perhaps commenting what you mean by "disabling IMON" would help in answering :doubt:

Bubba

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.