IMON and EMON

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by xTiNcTion, Apr 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xTiNcTion

xTiNcTion Registered Member

Hello,
    just bought NOD32. I think a made a good choice :)

just wondering if EMON scanning email engine is as effective as IMON? most of the time i am worried about incoming emails and their attachments. I read in the email ESET send me that EMON scan email in MAPI compatible client and IMON does scan at winsock level. o_O

and... do you know if NOD32 can scan compressed files (ej. .zip) in emails?

thank you in advance.

2. Delgado

Delgado Registered Member

I have been running NOD 32 for some time now and can highly recommend it. It is the fastest scanner in the world-scanning your pc while you make a coffee! IMON is your Internet Scanner which scans all E-Mails coming in from POP3 clients such as Outlook or Outlook Express or Mozilla Mail etc, whilst EMON only scans in Corporate Mode. If your on home pc you will not normally require EMON, as your E-Mail client will not be installed in Corporate Mode, and EMON will not install itself under these conditions. You can configure IMON to scan different files by going to set up, and you can scan compressed files.

:D :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.