IMON and Citrix ICA Web app

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by anotherjack, Dec 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anotherjack

anotherjack Registered Member

We use an external website for doing our purchasing card reporting. To access it, we are required to use the Citrix ICA client via Internet Explorer to run a Terminal Server session and access their system.

I've been rolling out the IMON module to our sites, and it's come to my attention that with IMON enabled, the Citrix client can't launch.

This is an important issue, since all of our users that have purchasing cards MUST use this site to submit their payments. Is there a way to have a list of "Trusted web sites" in IMON that are exempt from scanning or filtering? Nothing ever shows in the IMON Virus log, and moving the Compatibility slider does not have any effect. Only disabling IMON makes it work.

Any insight on this would be greatly appreciated.

2. leehigdon3

leehigdon3 Registered Member

Hmmm....my wife uses Citrix routinely to access her network at an Independent School District. From home, she uses a system that has NOD32 installed with IMON running High Efficiency mode. No problems at all. Have you tried changing the compatability mode for IE when accessing Citrix?

3. anotherjack

Yeah, that was the first thing I tried - all of my HTTP settings are at Higher Compatibility. As soon as I disable IMON, it works. I'm thinking that it must have something to do with the particular website or ActiveX component that's being installed, or maybe a different version of Citrix ICA? - this particular site is interfacing with an NT4 server.

Thanks anyway, and if you have any other ideas, please send them along. :doubt:

4. bsilva

bsilva Registered Member

I also use Citrix for work, and never had any problems. Citrix server is win2k. Have you tried to download a newer client?

5. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

6. anotherjack

Well, I uninstalled the 6.x version that the site wants to send to you if you don't have ICA installed, then manually installed v8.1 from a fresh download from Citrix. Same result, it just shows you the progress of it failing, so you get your hopes up... :'(

Thanks for the suggestion, tho'.

I eventually get this:

Attached Files:

7. rumpstah

rumpstah Registered Member

Hi anotherjack:

Are you installing the Program Neighborhood? If you are, this may be the issue. Uninstall 8.1 and re-install without the Program Neighborhood (unless it is a Published Application).

8. anotherjack

Rumpstah - No, I'm just installing the web client, hoping to get the same modules that the original website is attempting to load. The 8.1 installation was just for testing anyway - I really need the 6.x version that they're using to work. What I need to know is what IMON is preventing from happening during the process. Nothing shows up in any of the IMON logs. Anyone have a way to monitor exactly what IMON is doing when the app tries to load?

Blackspear - I sent Eset support the full link and information before I started this thread, so that they can test it as well. I'm waiting to see what they find.

Thanks to all for their suggestions.

9. rumpstah

rumpstah Registered Member

Hi anotherjack:

Have you attempted to set Automatic Passive mode to a value of 1? It may be a file that IMON can not scan coming from the NT4 side (hence the timeout). Is the GlobalSecurityAccess=405 set in the webica.ini file?

There is always filemon. ;)

Last edited: Dec 12, 2004
  10. jan

jan Former Eset Moderator

Hi anotherjack,

>I've been rolling out the IMON module to our sites, and it's come to my attention that with IMON enabled, the Citrix client can't launch.

This problem will be fixed in the next PCU (planned in a couple of weeks). The temporary solution is to exclude the file:

C:\Program Files\Citrix\icaweb32\Wfica32.exe

in:

IMON->Setup->Miscellaneous->Edit Exclusions

Rgds.,

jan

11. anotherjack

FYI everyone, this workaround was actually provided Saturday morning, ~12 hours after being sent to Eset's support people. Kudos to Jan, et. al. for their speedy resolution/workaround to the issue. :D :D :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.