IMON advanced settings...

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Dakhor, May 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dakhor

Dakhor Registered Member

Ok acording to Blackspears settings a clean -> promt settings is good for IMON. But a friend of mine just hit quit and got infected when he was prompted. What I would like is for him to see that a website is bad for him to visit but NOT be able to choose anything so he can download the file ( unless he changes the Nod32 settings of course )...

I was wondering about the "disconnect" option in the IMON advanced settings. ( se picture ). Whats the difference here -

When i was messing arround with IMON before i got it so that I saw a warning message in the browser and couldnt do anything about it - not a popup warning. That was prior to the beta though.

/DaK/

Attached Files:

2. Capp

Capp Registered Member

Hey Dakhor,
    Nice skin btw...

The "Disconnect" Feature: WHen you are downloading anything via Internet...your pc establishes a connection with the remote pc/server to get the file(s). If IMON detects a nastie trying to make its way into your system via this connection, you have the option to "Disconnect" Or close the connection and prevent any files from being transferred.

You say your friend hit "Quit" and got infected. What did he get infected with?

If you are wanting your friend to be able to view infected sites but not have the option to download anything, I recommend using the option you have highlighted to "Deny Download". On the scan options, I usually have Clean with quarantine and Delete with quarantine upon.

3. Dakhor

Dakhor Registered Member

Some MSN worm thingy - nasty one -- keeps coming back even though deleted.
    (probably modified worm Win32/Kelvir)

/SaM/

4. CyberMew

CyberMew Registered Member

Weird. I click on Quit and the file wasn't send to jotti while I tried to upload a file for scanning. I am using the beta.

5. Capp

Capp Registered Member

So, he got infected after he told NOD to "Quit" when it detected the virus...
    Has he run a full system scan to clean the infection?
    Does he have the recommended settings in place?
    Here --> https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=37509

6. Dakhor

Dakhor Registered Member

Yeah I set it up with Blackspears settings... The thing im wondering about is that I do not want people to be able to take a wrong turn by making a mistake like that - but I still want them to get a warning from the website in question.

/DaK/

7. Capp

Capp Registered Member

So what you are wanting is this:

A users goes to a bad website...The bad website tries to hit his pc with something...NOD goes off and warns the user about the bad site and takes care of the infection, but you don't want them to be able to do anything other than view the warnings right?
    Not having a copy of NOD in front of me makes it hard to troubleshoot. If nobody replies, I'll have to look at it when I get home :)

8. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

The settings of the first image is only for POP3, and the second image for HTTP Scanner...

9. Dakhor

Dakhor Registered Member

Exactly -- I mean whats the point for users to have Nod32 automatically block access to a bad file or such and then not tell the user anything. Then the user just gets angry cuz "windows" dosnt work or something and calls support.

I think i had my test system set up like this - prior to messing arround with blackspears settings.

/DaK/

10. Dakhor

Dakhor Registered Member

So disconnect means u just leave the email on the pop3 server?

/DaK/

11. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

I think that yes... :)

I never tried that option...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.