IMON action

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by DGeorge, Nov 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DGeorge

DGeorge Registered Member

I have IMON set to clean and quarantine infected e-mails and delete and quarantine uncleanable e-mails but I still get a screen prompting me to choose an action when an uncleanable e-mail in detected.
    I am running XP SP1 with NOD2.12.3 with latest updates.

Any ideas why it is still prompting instead of silently deleting and continuing on its way?

2. rumpstah

rumpstah Registered Member

Hi DGeorge:

Under the Miscellaneous tab/Setup in IMON is where the actions for the different file types are found. I have mine all set to Clean/Quarantine Delete/Quarantine and I am not prompted.

Drop us a note if this helps. ;)

3. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

DGeorge

Have you tried the silent mode?

Attached Files:

4. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

You can choose various actions for each type of file type, see the attached screenshot.

Hope this helps...

Cheers :D

Attached Files:

5. DGeorge

DGeorge Registered Member

Thanks for the responses.

Thats the problem. I already have it setup to clean/quarantine then delete/quarantine for e-mails but it still asks me if I want to delete or rename.

I'll try silent mode but I dont want it to stop alerting me of other stuff by doing so.

6. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Did you click on the drop down box in the previous screen shot and choose an action for "Emails"?

As per following screen shot.

Cheers :D

Attached Files:

7. Phil_S

Phil_S Registered Member

My settings are just like Blackspear's above, except that I only have the quarantine box ticked for uncleanable emails, otherwise I find I get two copies of every infected email in quarantine. I also have NOD set to run in silent mode, and don't get any notifications or requests for user intervention when accepting emails - NOD does its stuff in the background.

I've also got NOD set to alter the Subject of infected emails with the string "Virus: <virusname> pre-pended to the title (POP3 tab of IMON setup), and set up a rule in my email client to forward all such emails to a dead letter box.

Phil

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.