Immunet Protect Plus?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by whitedragon551, Apr 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whitedragon551

whitedragon551 Registered Member

How is the development coming along on this? I havent read very much about it lately and I dont have it installed any more.

2. trjam

trjam Registered Member

well they were bought out by Sourcefire for a ridiculous amount of money.

3. whitedragon551

Thats fantastic. Perhaps thats why my Plus license doesnt register.

4. doktornotor

doktornotor Registered Member

Lots of negative reviews lately and horrible support. Heck, I used to beta test their first version, looked promissing. Then v2 became more heavy, and v3 is just the worst one. Going downhill pretty fast. Also, the advertising spam in the GUI for the free version has become beyond obnoxious, absolutely unacceptable.

Personally, if you are after in-the-cloud stuff, go for Panda.

:( :thumbd:

5. drhu22

drhu22 Registered Member

Couldnt agree more...

6. whitedragon551

The thing that appeals to me is that IPP doesn't rely on just cloud. They also have the resident definitions.

7. Kyle1420

Kyle1420 Registered Member

I bought 2 licenses for IPP because it was meant to be in the cloud, light.

it's anything but...

EDIT: Sorry, That sounded terribly negative. I think a lot of things are going on around at immunet and that would be why. It's a big undertaking with a new AV and especially with all these features to keep up with competition, detection comes first then speed can come shortly after..

Last edited: Apr 6, 2011
  8. x ZauX x

x ZauX x Registered Member

+1 :thumb:

9. guest

guest Guest

immunet can be run alongside other Av like Avast. i use it and i dont have issues until now. and it dont eat so much resources. i use the free version.

10. tesk

tesk Registered Member

There is no such things as poorly coded software - only slow computers! ;)

11. whitedragon551

Not relevant as Im talking about the Plus version. Its a stand alone with resident AV definitions as well as cloud.

False. I bet Adobe loves you for this.

12. carat

carat Guest

13. whitedragon551

Awe you had some FP's. No big deal they all have that issue. Its the wonderful world of AV software.

14. carat

carat Guest

... but only Immunet has this advertisement:

:D

15. crapbag

crapbag Registered Member

Heard they were using BitDefender's engine for the signature AV. Not sure if they've ditched that for ClamAV since the takeover. I have a IPP license but am not running it at the moment. It's light enough. The whole 'powered by ClamAV' thing makes me think twice. The whole 'community' thing it has going on seems interesting.

16. m0unds

m0unds Guest

i checked it out again right after 3.x was released in february, and it felt significantly slower (even with clam disabled) than the 2.x branch. i had purchased a license in august during their summer sale for 50%-off, but i've used it a grand total of maybe 4 days cumulatively since then. it's just too quirky for me.

they do still have BD engine + defs, they refer to it as "tetra". clam can be enabled in tandem with tetra and the cloud engines, but it's ungodly slow, imo. (and clamwin's not really worth much if you're already utilizing BD and their cloud db)

17. crapbag

crapbag Registered Member

For 'Tetra' and their cloud engine I don't think it's a bad price. They can keep ClamAV :). Depends what you're after security wise I suppose.

18. Kyle1420

I would of liked the option of complete cloud in the paid version. What I mean is, the bit defender engine on the cloud instead of my PC as well as clam.

19. Kyle1420

The good thing about that is the rest of us will benifit from your misfortune as immunet will add it to the whitelist :p

20. m0unds

m0unds Guest

yeah, it's not a bad price considering IPP is significantly lighter on resources than BitDefender is, and you get BD's engine & heuristics along with immunet's own decent cloud engines in a single product. still not the product for me ;)

21. EternalFunction

EternalFunction Registered Member

couldn't agree more..v2 at least it's still "acceptable"..but ver 3? totally went down to hill..much more false alarms, conflicts with certain software and slows down the pc performance..

till now I've avoided immunet since v3 released.

22. PJC

PJC Very Frequent Poster

Immunet Protect Plus

Never been impressed by IPP. :cautious:
    Agreed.

23. Matthijs5nl

Matthijs5nl Guest

Why would someone desperately want cloud computing based products? All products have some kind of cloud computing anyway. The assumption that cloud computing based products provide better protection by definition is just a marketing hype, it totally depends on the exact implementation.

24. doktornotor

doktornotor Registered Member

Hmmm? Have not seen that assumption here really. Why? E.g. installing some light AV into a virtual machine. Sadly, light and Immunet does not go along very well lately.

25. Someheresomethere

Someheresomethere Registered Member

Adobe's applications are not poorly coded by any stretch of the imagination.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.