Immunet Protect Plus + PrevX Lag

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by whitedragon551, Sep 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whitedragon551

whitedragon551 Registered Member

Anyone run both and experience the same issue? Im getting lag about every 5 seconds or so. Ive narrowed it down to IP Plus. Once its uninstalled the issue is gone.

2. guest

guest Guest

Must be a problem of Prevx since it is designed to work properly alongside with other AV's and seems that have some kind of conflict with Immunet Plus. Contact with Prevx support maybe they can identify the problem and fix it.
    Also contact with the Immunet support maybe they have feedback about this issue.

3. whitedragon551

PrevX doesnt cause the issue IP does. Please read before posting. :rolleyes:

4. clocks

clocks Registered Member

Two days ago I tried to install Immunet on a PC that had Prevx, and Immunet wouldnt load one of it's divers on reboot. After a few tries, I gave up and uninstalled it the same night.

5. guest

guest Guest

I read it, you should read before posting, the issue is when you run both at the same time.
    Did you tried to unistall Prevx and keep only immunet plus to see what happens?

Of course Immunet plus alone works fine and of course Prevx alone works fine, everybody knows that.

Since Prevx is designed to work alongside other AV's and Immunet Plus dont, should a conflict that Prevx has with Immunet.

6. drkoopz

drkoopz Registered Member

guest is correct. Immunet Protect Plus (we're talking about the plus version here) is intended to be a full antivirus solution using Bitdefender for its Tetra engine. So in this case it would be Prevx's job to be compatible with IP+ as it is only Prevx that claims to work well with other vendors.

7. whitedragon551

Im only talking about PrevX SOL here not the full blown paid app. Last time I checked its not an AV at all and therefore IPP should be fully compatible with it. It doesnt happen with AVG and PrevX SOL.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2010
  8. guest

guest Guest

Prevx SOL also has the real time scanner without cleaning capabilities.
    Try to contact with both supports anyway Prevx and Immunet are direct competitors... :D

I have been using also Prevx SOL with ComodoAV in my tests without problems, I would like to be able to have only the web protection and not the real time scanner.

I am waiting to the new engines of Immunet Free to test it again, they say that the detections of new malware (0day) will increase until 70%

9. whitedragon551

I contacted both yesterday. I cant even get my IPP license to register. It definitely needs an overhaul.

10. clocks

clocks Registered Member

I was also having trouble with my license. The program picked up a lot of bugs with version 2. I don't plan on using it again for a while.

11. whitedragon551

Once IP gets my license situation fixed the lag should also be fixed. We will see what happens here.

12. guest

guest Guest

So which was the reason for the lag? the license of Immunet?

13. trjam

trjam Registered Member

How can people babble in software that is still being breast fed. I honestly just dont see it anymore. New vendors are great, I guess, but the lag between creation and stardom is so wide that most will crap out. I love the idea of start up vendors but folks, it just aint going work against those who have one thing in their favor. $$$$$$$ Or maybe that is the whole indent.

14. whitedragon551

Not sure yet. PrevX went through some stuff and checked some things out and made some changes, but I have yet to test it with IPP.

15. trjam

trjam Registered Member

And between the two, you are fully covered? Both do state they are products to back up something else. Duh?

16. whitedragon551

PrevX SOL and Immunet Protect Plus? IPP is supposed to be a stand alone. Only the free version is a supplement. I dont know if Im going to use IPP. Im just trying to get this issue ironed out. I have AVG AV that I got from the give away about a week ago for a year so I figured Id use that.

17. trjam

trjam Registered Member

ok, my mistake, you do whatever you feel is right.:argh:

18. whitedragon551

I have DynDNS dialed in on a few areas through my router and MBAM for on demand scans.

19. m0unds

m0unds Guest

did you exclude prevx's directory(ies) in IPP's exclusions and vice-versa? another thing (and this kind of sucks)-- you might also try testing IPP with blocking mode disabled.

20. Kyle1420

Kyle1420 Registered Member

You're on to talk. LOL :rolleyes:

Btw.. weren't you using immunet 2-3days agooo :blink:

21. whitedragon551

Yes I did and the lag was still there with both of them. If it did work Id still rather not jump through hoops to get them to cooperate. Id want something naturally cohesive.

Kyle Trjam never knows what to run. It changes every 8 hours or so.

BTW I love Python. Very easy language to pick up and use.

22. m0unds

m0unds Guest

gotcha. you're probably better off not using it. i ended up uninstalling it myself because of an unending string of bugs and tickets not being answered, etc. only out a little money because of the 50% off promo last month, but it's still irritating.

23. whitedragon551

Well IPP has yet to reset my key and its been 2 days. Out with IPP. Im trying to help them out and they cant even fix my registration issue. Oh well. Anyways thanks guys for the suggestions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.