Immunet Protect- Free cloud based AV

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by norky, Aug 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kaixi

kaixi Registered Member

In the native directory.

2. alhuger

alhuger Registered Member

If you can mail me at alfred@immunet.com I would like to get more detail if possible. Thanks.

3. codylucas16

codylucas16 Registered Member

Have to say, been using this product for a month or two now. Very happy with it. Of course I do not feel it to be good enough to use standalone but it is extremely lightweight so using this on top of another AV is a good choice. It actually stopped some viruses my current AV didn't even pick up. Definitely can't wait for the final release.

4. alhuger

Thanks Cody, we are working hard towards a final release (out of beta t least) for the first half of the new year. We have two new 'cloud engines' shipping in the next two months which should boost efficacy remarkably.

al

5. alhuger

All,

I have now set up a forum for questions about Immunet Protect @ http://community.immunet.com . I can always answer questions here but I do not log in as often as I would like given other time contraints.

Cheers,
    al

6. Dermot7

Dermot7 Registered Member

Hi Mr Huger,

Could I please ask some questions about Immunet Protect?
    Is the protection in any way susceptible to e.g. a DDOS attack?
    After beta stage will Immunet become a paid-for software?
    Is it necessary to establish contacts within Facebook and Twitter, and how
    might this complement any security set-up?

Thank you and best wishes.

7. alhuger

Dermot,

Immunet Protect Beta is cloud based, so if you lose access to the cloud then you will see degraded performance. After beta Immunet Protect will remain free although new features will be introduced for a premium version which the user has the option to purchase, much the same as common free AV solutions today. No, you do not have to have social network setup for the beta. It will compliment most security set ups, particularly those who we make an effort to 'Officially Support'. You find the list of supported products here:

http://support.immunet.com/index.php/Immunet_Protect_Software_Requirements_(Beta)

Cheers,
    al

8. webster

webster Registered Member

Hi Al`

Does Immunet work with XP 64bit?

9. alhuger

Yes it does. It supports XP, Vista and Win7 on 64 bit platforms.

10. webster

webster Registered Member

Thanks Al :)

11. alhuger

Anytime. We might have a new build out today for 64 bit, depends on how testing goes. The current build should work fine though.

12. guest

guest Guest

Many things have happened since the las post with Immunet, just take a look to the lastest news in the blog:
    http://blog.immunet.com/

- New ETHOS Protection engine as well as a series of detection improvements to our current Cloud Engine technologies. Our detection rates jump at least 3 times with this new offering
    - x64 bit support
    - The April release will showcase 2 more engines, a brand new UI and some very exciting and novel features which do not exist in the Anti-Virus community today.

http://blog.immunet.com/blog/2010/1...rotect-beta-build-1024-we-are-in-the-hom.html

13. alhuger

Thanks for that, and sorry for not posting here. We are pretty swamped just trying to ship the 2.0 release for the spring. We are currently shipping 1.0.25 which is (I think) 15 releases since August. I keep up to speed on our community.immunet.com if anyone has questions.

Cheers,
    al

14. TheIgster

TheIgster Registered Member

Sorry guys, tried Immunet again. Tried it alongside Avast and downloaded Eicar to see which would report it first. Looked like IP was trying to say something, but nothing showed up on the right hand side just above the system tray, although the Windows task bar looked like it was changing color for a pop up to come up. Nothing out of Avast either at this point.

I uninstalled IP, tested the same Eicar file and Avast popped up right away. Either you've got a conflict there it simply is not working correctly. The Eicar.com file was not deleted from the desktop either when it looked like IP was trying to pop up and was blocking out Avast.

15. Sadeghi85

Sadeghi85 Registered Member

Yea, the warning is behind the taskbar.

Immunet.jpg

16. alhuger

I was about to respond and I saw someone had done it for me. There is a bug where our warning is popping up slightly behind our taskbar. It's slated for fixing in our spring release. Perhaps before.

We do try to keep the product consistent with EICAR but it's a priority which often gets traded off in favor of other things at this stage of the beta. Having said that, detection for EICAR should (as the graphic posted indicates) work.

al

17. raven211

raven211 Registered Member

Al, how would you say the I/O and CPU usage is with your software?

18. PC__Gamer

PC__Gamer Registered Member

:) i tested i, well.. its scanner anyway.

i removed all protection from immunet, infected my machine with some zero-day malware, 0 found.

installed my Prevx 3.0 with SafeOnline, 5 infections, which it removed but took away my desktop background to plain-black, no matter. :D

then ran my hitman pro, nothing.

checked processes, nothing out of the ordinary -

so, at the moment, is kinda poor, but beta is a time for testing :)

wont hold true judgement on them just yet.

19. clocks

clocks Registered Member

In my experience very low.

20. Victek

Victek Registered Member

I just starting using Immunet Protect and one thing I note is there doesn't appear to be any self protection. In other words I can right click on the tray icon and just unload it. Is there a plan to "harden" this? Maybe password protection?

21. guest

guest Guest

In the next version I have read that will have self protection.

22. TheIgster

TheIgster Registered Member

Um, well, I would fix that before spring. And it's not "slightly". It changed the color of the task bar only. I never saw any type of pop up and nothing even close to what the person posted ahead of me. I did not see any of the warning at all and the file was not deleted.

Sorry, but not ready for primetime. Not even close.

Windows 7 64-bit here. Doesn't work for me.

23. Zombini

Zombini Registered Member

Spent some time testing Immunet with fresh threats yesterday after taking a break for six months since I was hoping that the newer releases would show a marked improvement. I tested the latest 1.0.24 Beta that has the so-called enhanced ETHOS engine..

Detection rate was fairly poor especially with misleading applications.

I am not seeing anything new or innovative with this product.

24. clocks

clocks Registered Member

Not sure it would have made a difference, but 1.0.25 is the latest version. I am not sure Ethos is active yet. I posted on their blog asking, but didn't get a response.

25. Iangh

Iangh Registered Member

I tried .25 but removed it because I kept getting spikes which briefly froze the PC.

Didn't notice it with .24.

I like the concept but have dropped out using the beta, will wait for the final release and for more informed Wilders members to comment.

Ian

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.