Immunet Protect and Avast 5

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by IceCube1010, Feb 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IceCube1010

IceCube1010 Registered Member

Hi

Just wondering if these 2 compliment each other. I have been running them for a few days and they seem good together. Does anyone here have any experience with Immunet Protect?

thanks
    Ice

2. nikanthpromod

nikanthpromod Registered Member

No problem in using Immunet protect with Avast 5.
    It will work with almost all AVs
    Its based on
    Community Based Protection
    Cloud Computing
    Collective Intelligence

3. Iangh

Iangh Registered Member

4. Fuzzydice45

Fuzzydice45 Registered Member

I've been running these two fine for the last few weeks, working great so far.
    No conflicts yet, I tested them on a few pieces of malware to see if they would conflict on detection/quarantine and they seemed to get along perfectly.

5. IceCube1010

thank you for the replies. I also tested some malware links and either Avast's Web shield caught it or Immunet detected something fishy and quarantined it. They are both running great side by side.

Ice

6. IceCube1010

thank you for the links. I excluded Alwil directory and the windows\temp\avast directory as well in Immunet. I actually saw this in action. I had a piece of malware that I know Avast detects by itself. When I installed Immunet, this was intercepted by Immunet before Avast and quarantined it. So I could see how there might be some contention.

Ice

7. iTrendsNET

iTrendsNET Registered Member

No problems here. I am running them on 64 and 32-bit computers with the latest version of each. I am also using the Comodo 4.0 RC modules for firewall, D+ and their Sandbox (CIS anti-virus disabled).

I think each compliments the other well with tight protection.

8. iTrendsNET

iTrendsNET Registered Member

Update! Looks like I spoke to soon. While this configuration did work great for a few days, Avast! 5 is back to it's old tricks this morning. It disables itself at reboot and then starts two installers.

No way my computer is infected. This is just another Avast! 5 problem and the reason I am now permanently exiling this one from my list. Great ideas are no good if the software is going to continue to disable itself. (As per my other previous experiences on other computers.)

9. PC__Gamer

PC__Gamer Registered Member

i tried IP last month and it detected absolutely nothing......

i wouldnt recommend this software in its current state, some people will argue beta status, but even betas should do the business.

10. icr

icr Registered Member

You can post your problems in their forum they are very helpful and even here too vlk will def have a look at this:)

Back to topic: It works very well with almost any AV I have used with avast Free version:) :)

11. Sputnik

Sputnik Registered Member

Same diagnosis here, the only thing that got detected was the EICAR sample :p I really hope they'll crank up detection!

As in combination with avast! 5, I would recommend not installing avast!'s behavior shield but installing ThreatFire instead.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.