IMAP - Vista Home - Outlook Express

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by leapy, Sep 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leapy

leapy Registered Member

Hello

My mother is using an IMAP server for her mail. The other day, I upgraded her from ESS 3.x to version 4. Since then, she has had emails vanishing from her inbox - including ones from me. She sees them come in and then delete before she can open them (that is, they are visible with the IMAP-related red line through them but are not readable).

No emails are appearing in the Eset Antispam folder.

Where are the emails going?

NB - in case it helps - when we look at the IMAP server through her webmail service, there are two of every email visible: one marked for deletion and one more which is readable. The readable version never appears to download into her Outlook Express mail client.

I would appreciate a fix for this - I don't want to have to downgrade her back to ESS 3.

Thanks for any help

Leapy

2. leapy

leapy Registered Member

hello - this is basically a bump, just in case someone is able to help out here.
    The problem is still occuring and is driving my mother crazy - she is resorting to using webmail via her browser since ESS v4 has wrecked her local mail app.

I was incorrect with one thing in my original note - my mother is using Windows Mail (the Vista successor to Outlook Express).

It is definitely ESS that is causing the duplicate emails to appear. The only difference between the "deleted" email and the newer "unread" duplicate are additional Eset header lines, such as:
    "X-Eset-Antispam: OK;0;whitelist;2009-09-23 14:55:55;0909231455550003;0BB3
    "
    and

"X-Esetid: 0163DB261EA203375323
    X-Esetscannerbuild: 5705
    "

This "unread" version never downloads to the mail client and is only visible via webmail in the browser.

She never had any problem with the previous ESS v3.

Any help gratefully received.

L

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

A log from SysInspector with OE running might reveal another application's dll injected into its process which might be in conflict with ESET's plugin. Also you might give v. 4.0.467 a try to see if it makes a difference, it's downloadable from the official download page at www.eset.com (the version number has not beed updated on the download page yet).

4. stimulator32

stimulator32 Registered Member

Hi Marcos,

the problem is still in V. 4.0.467.0 , and both OE and MO (Microsoft Outlook) have the problem (spontaneous deletion) ..

5. leapy

leapy Registered Member

wow - so I am not crazy! Thanks stimulator32....

@Marcos. Thanks for the tip. I have to go round to my mother's house to do as you suggest. I will report back in a day or two..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.