Imaging Windows 7

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by autobengal, Aug 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. autobengal

autobengal Registered Member

Has anyone tried Acronis True Image with Windows 7?
    I image my drives with a boot cd only. However, I have tried to image and restore 2 Windows 7 RTM machines with no success.
    Thank you.

2. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

It works for me ... using the boot CD of Ver 9 build 3677 and the boot CD of 2009. Backup even works from within windows - 2009 installed. The boot CD shouldn't care what OS is on the disk. Did you get any kind of error when you booted a restored system?

3. autobengal

autobengal Registered Member

I just tried it again and this time it worked. I usually have my drives encrypted and use a TI boot disk to image with out a problem. I think it's TrueCrypt that's causing a problem with imaging Windows 7.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello autobengal,

Thank you for using Acronis Products

At the moment, the following Acronis products can be installed on Windows 7:

• Acronis True Image Home 2010 Beta
    • Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Family

However, the correct operation is not guaranteed since Windows 7 is still in the development stage. We are planning to release updates for our current products to fully support Microsoft Windows 7 as it becomes available.

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.