Imaging to DVD question

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Warpspasm, Apr 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Warpspasm

Warpspasm Registered Member

I just purchased a download version of True Image yesterday. I want to burn a copy of my C partition to DVD-R. When I try I get the message that I need a program like Roxio or Nero to prepare the DVD for burning. I have Nero 6 Ultra on my system, but using Nero's Smart panel, the way it prepares the DVD is by having you drag files to the DVD drive in their Explorer type window. However, the images at this point haven't been created yet. I went back to True Image and wanted to create and image. Of course, since I have to drag these to a DVD I had to split the image file. Unfortunately, there is no DVD capacity in the drop down menu. I decided to break them into 4 GB files so I know it will fit. I did this, then I started Nero, dragged the first file to the Nero explorer window, and burned the disk. I did this until each was burned to its own DVD-R. I just hope that if there is a HD disaster True Image will be able to use these files in conjunction with the TI recovery boot disk to restore my system. I KNOW there has to be a better way to do this, but darn if I know what it is. Can somebody help me? o_O

2. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hi Warpspasm,

Search this forum for Nero or Roxio and you'll find numerious similar questions. In the meantime you might find certain parts of this <previous thread> useful.

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.