Imaging directly to DVD

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by AndyL, Nov 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AndyL

AndyL Guest

I am trying to create images directly to my DVD drive (HP dvd300i).

It seems from the documentation that I need some compatible DVD writing software. Can anyone tell me

a) What software is compatible and
    b) The procedure to image directly to DVD.

Thanks!

2. John Farrar

John Farrar Registered Member

I use Nero's InCD which automatically formatted each DVD prior to writing the image for 2 DVDs. All seemed to go well.
    HTH
    John

3. AndyL

AndyL Guest

Thanks John - which version of Nero does this come with? I have 5.5, and it doesn't seem to be there.

4. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello AndyL

a. Software compatibility. Hard to provide a definitive list but Ahead's InCD (for direct burning from within TI) and Nero Burning ROM (for the alternative, indirect, two-step method) are a safe bet.

b. Procedure. Have a look at an earlier post of mine <here>.

Hope this helps.

Regards

5. AndyL

AndyL Guest

Thanks for the info. I have taken a look at Ahead's site, and I can't see InCD mentioned as a product. Is it part of Nero?

6. Menorcaman

Hi John

My understanding has always been that a new out-of-the-box DVD/CD RW has to be manually InCD formated (same as a UDF format) prior to creating an image direct from TI. Therefore I'm a bit confused (concerned?) when you say that InCD "automatically" formatted each DVD. Mind you, even though I'm a bit of an old codger, I'm always happy to find out something new ;)

Regards

7. John Farrar

Hi Menorcaman
    I too was under the impression that the DVDs had to be formatted prior to starting the image creation. But just to be different, I formatted just the first DVD with Ahead's InCD but when I got to the 2nd one, I got a message from InCD asking if I wanted to format the 2nd DVD, which I did. When that completed the TrueImage carried on. I was pleasantly surprised. ;)
    Cheers
    John

8. Menorcaman

Well I never!! Thanks for that useful snippet of info John. You see - one is never too old to learn :)

By the way, give my regards to Cornwall. I left Camborne in 1959 to join the RAF and have only been back there once (1969).

Regards

9. Menorcaman

Andy,

I might be wrong but I think you need a registered copy of Nero and you can then download InCD from the nero.com web site as part of an update/upgrade package.

Regards

Last edited: Nov 26, 2004
  10. John Farrar

I live in Hayle. Remember that?
    Cheers
    John

11. AndyL

AndyL Guest

Well, my company have decided that we are all to use Roxio instead of Nero. Following everyones help, I have managed to use the Roxio Drag to Disk capability to burn directly to DVD.

Thanks for eveyone's help!

12. Menorcaman

Hi again AndyL

That's good news (that you were able to create an image, not that you have to use Roxio!!). I'm pleased the Forum was able to help.

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.