Imaging C:\ partition to DVD+R

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by frankb_c, Mar 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. frankb_c

frankb_c Guest

TI build 800.
    using winXP Home SP2 Build 2600, Intel 865GBF.

I just tried to image directly to DVD+R.
    Get to the Start/ choose which partition to image/ next to location/
    shows up as my DVD D:\ so far OK. Then it hickups.
    If I have inserted a blank DVD+R it states
    "D:\is not accesssible, incorrect function!"
    and changes to CD-RW. If I continue it wants CD blanks only.

I checked the DVD with Nero Disk Info and blank DVD+R, 4483 MB Capacity?

Now, TI states that I can Image to DVD+R.

I did Image to HD, other partitions (External) and copied to DVD 4,194,304 bytes without any problem. I just wanted to see how it would IMAGE to DVD+R direct?

Why?

2. tronic592001

tronic592001 Registered Member

Frankb_c

Did you formate the DVD;s

3. frankb_c

frankb_c Guest

Format?

I have been making DVD's with NERO, that is copy data files.
    Was never asked to format!
    Made back-up copies.
    Made Pic's copies.
    None required formating.
    Something new, for TI. Is this a requirement and if so... where is the file located?
    Did locate in NERO under data "Make UDF DVD" or "Make UDF/ISO DVD"
    But this is in NERO to copy files for use on other computers.

I want the Imaging through TI. Where in TI is there a UDF formating? Please.

4. frankb_c

frankb_c Guest

Did some FAQ searching and came up with

How can I burn Acronis True Image images to DVD disks?
    Acronis True Image can burn images to DVD disks under Windows if you have DVD
    UDF recording software installed. The DVD disk must be formatted. Currently, the
    program supports at least the following DVD recording software:
    • Roxio DirectCD — optional component of Roxio Easy CD Creator
    • Ahead InCD — available on the Nero Web site freely for Ahead Nero Burning
    Rom users (usually bundled with Nero)
    • Veritas DLA and all its OEM versions (e.g. HP DLA)
    • Pinnacle InstantCD/DVD
    In general, the program also supports all other DVD UDF burst recording software, but the aforementioned applications were tested by Acronis for compatibility with Acronis True Image.

BUT it goes on to say....

• Format DVD disks. DVD+RW and DVD-RW disks can be formatted in any of the aforementioned applications, while DVD-R and DVD+R formatting is currently supported by Roxio DirectCD only.

Now we know that Roxio and Nero don't like to be in the same "house"
    Do I have to buy Roxio also..... even though I have Nero 6 latest, with "ahead InCD", which by the way was loaded and I deleted.

5. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello frankb_c,

TI can't format DVDs nor does it write to DVD directly. It requires third party UDF packet writing software such as Nero InCD or Roxio DirectCD installed and running to achieve either.

According to Acronis, TI isn't 100% compatible with DVD-R and DVD+R can only be "formatted" by Roxio DirectCD. Therefore, unless you purchase the Roxio software, you are compelled to use DVD+/-RW (RW works out cheaper in the long run anyway).

As you are a registered user of Nero, download and install the latest version of InCD (4.3.11.1) from <Nero's website>. It's available via Update_Package 3. This latest version automatically disables Windows' own drag-and-drop recording facility that often caused problems when imaging direct to DVD.

To carry out UDF formatting, ensure InCD is running in the background, insert a DVD+/-RW, open Windows Explorer, right click on your DVD burner and select "InCD Format". When the Format window opens select "Format" unless the DVD has already been UDF (InCD) formatted, in which case you can select "Quick format (erase file system)".

Hope the above helps.

Regards

6. frankb_c

frankb_c Guest

Shucks!??
    DVD+R cost .46 each All taxes included.Cdn. .36US

DVD+RW (Mitsumi) cheapest at BestBuy(Futureshop) $2.30 each Cdn. $1.81 US

Cheaper you say. Like 5 times more. Would have to use 5 times just to come out even. Thinking...... possible... erase to re-use ... re-format?

I'll load the INCD.
    Give it a try to format my DVD+R and lets see compatibily!
    Will post results.

7. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Yes, Quick InCD format if creating another image direct to DVD or else select "InCD Erase" if you want to remove the UDF format for use with ordinary DVD burning software (e.g. Nero Burning ROM). Use good quality media and always use TI's Check Image capability to check for image corruption after creation. You may be glad you used RW disks instead of creating 0.49 USD coasters!!

No can do. InCD only works with rewritable media.

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.