Imaging/backup software + Snapshot software?

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by Francis93, Feb 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Francis93

Francis93 Registered Member

I have Acronis True Image Home 2011 installed. I was wondering if it's possible to install snapshot software with it? (e.g. Rollback Rx, Comodo Time Machine, Keriver 1-Click Restore Free, Shadow Defender, etc.) Creating an image surely takes time depending on the size of the partition but taking a snapshot only takes less than 3 seconds. If it's possible then I would make Acronis my very last resort if ever snapshot software would fail.

Here is how I'm going to use it (if possible):

Minimal unwanted changes (e.g. testing software, minimal bugs, errors, lots of crap, strange behavior etc.) -> Snapshot software

Maximum unwanted changes (e.g. all programs unstable, OS unstable plenty of errors/crap, and extra-strange behavior) -> Imaging/backup software

I'll still need your opinions/recommendations though.

2. Noob

Noob Registered Member

Re: Image Backup + Snapshot software?

Short answer: Yes is it possible.
    You can use the snapshot software for simple tasks and image for real backups.

If you are going to use the snapshot software to try malware, remember that it's not bullet proof against certain attacks. :D

BTW, Acronis True Image Home 2011 comes with an option called "Try & Decide" which is sorta like snapshot software, you can try that too. :) :thumb:

Nice choice in Acronis, i'm enjoying a lot too :thumb::thumb:

3. Francis93

Thank you Noob! :D But which snapshot software is better? I might consider installing Rollback Rx. Is it any good? :)

4. moontan

moontan Registered Member

it is a very good program.
    download the demo and give it a try for a few days.

5. Noob

Noob Registered Member

Rollback RX is very good, there's also Comodo Time Machine which is free!! (This one seems like development have stopped, i'm not sure. Also with this one people have reported some awful things, including me once :D)

6. Francis93

Thanks guys! Added Rollback Rx to my current setup! :D

7. treehouse786

treehouse786 Registered Member

i want to have the same setup, is there any important settings that i would need to enable to make this work? example-full disk imaging, mbr backup etc

8. Aaron Here

Aaron Here Registered Member

While this is doable, there are complexities which must be understood and dealt with. I might add that this subject has been discussed in many other threads (which a search would reveal). The most current one being here.

Aaron

9. aladdin

aladdin Registered Member

Dear Aaron,

You are a kind and a decent person!

Best regards,

KOR!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.