Images burned to DVD...Now what?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Linuxrising, Sep 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Linuxrising

Linuxrising Registered Member

Hey folks~
    After a slight scare with the 763 build of TI I was sent an update for the 768 build and now I can copy an image to the HDD.
    I'm using DVDs for storage and Nero for burning them to the DVDs.

Now I've got Seven 2GB files on 4 DVDs. I burned these with the ISO format, and tested the restore feature up to a certain point, but didn't go any further. Everything is fine with my computer at the moment.

I'm a little confused as to what I would do if I had to restore. All the files I have on the DVDs are for 2 different HDDs. During restore It asks you to pick a HDD to restore to. On the Make Image I selected both HDDs. Is this going to be a problem?

Should I just make images for each HDD individually or is it cool the way I did it?

I want to check on a few things now. Instead of waiting till an emergency happens and I don't know how to restore. THe documentation doesn't seem to go over the kind of restore I may need to do in the future.

2 HDD both of them SATA drives. Restoring form multiple DVDs. Any pointers on this would be cool.

Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.