Image Upload Problems

Discussion in 'Forum Related Discussions' started by crummock, Aug 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crummock

crummock Registered Member

Every time I try to upload an image to he forum it fails with

"The connection was reset. The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading."

I have no other web browsing/upload/download issues. The image was approx 46K JPG.

This is the same on two different PC's (one XP and one Vista).

Any help would be appreciated.

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Try a different browser and see if you get the same message.

3. crummock

crummock Registered Member

4. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Unfortunately, this is one of those frustrating "connection reset by peer" errors, which are always hard to figure out. Having check that the forum is currently able to upload attachments from the three major browsers, I can't find any problems on this end. The best guess is a networking issue or incompatibility somewhere between where you are and the forum. It could be a breakdown at any hop along the way. If proxy software, external proxy servers or ISP cache servers are involved, it could be one of those that are interfering with your connection. In the last two days, 61 attachments have been uploaded successfully from many different members, while in that time, the only "connection reset by peer" errors in the logs are those you've experienced.

I'm afraid I have no definitive answer for why you are getting these errors.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.