Image Restore Problems

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Gauthreau, Nov 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gauthreau

Gauthreau Guest

I am a newbie to TI, and wondering what am I doing wrong? I have made an image of my drive right after I did a clean install with all the apps included. I had run the system for some time - XP Home, Service Pack 2. When errors started to pop up, I attempted to restore the image. Nothing doing.

I started Acronis TI8 Build 771 and attempted to restore a drive image. I was told that Acronis needs exclusive access to the drive. I chose "Allow Acronis to reboot you system". It went through reboot, then stopped at a black screen after "starting Acronis Loader..." poped up.

I tried booting from the boot disk (3 1/2" floppy and CD - one per boot), but was only able to get to the point of Acronis loader, then the screen went black again. Nothing I could do would help. Am I missing a step?

Neil

2. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hi Neil

No you've not missed a step. However, build 771 is known to have a few problems. Recommend you update to Build 774 (you'll need to ensure you've registered your current version of TI first), create new bootable rescue media using the latest build and then try again.

Regards

3. Gauthreau

Gauthreau Guest

Will do, Thanks

Neil

4. Gauthreau

Gauthreau Guest

Done and done, except I still run into the same problem. At reboot, I press f11, select restore image, but then the screen goes blank. Nothing happens. I have created a backup on removable media (5 CDRoms), and in the Acronis Safe Zone. But nothing.

It's really frustrating when it should be pretty simple.

Neil

5. mastercb

mastercb Guest

Had same problem.

just try the following:

- Do NOT start recovery with "F11" or with "normal Boot Media".

Create a new set of Boot Media with the "SAFE" - Option !!!

This works perfectly for me !

6. Gauthreau

Gauthreau Guest

Thanks for the tip mastercd. I gave it a try and was able to get the furthest I've been so far. The problem now is that TI doesn't display my CD drive where I have the image stored. The only option I have is C:\.

Neil

7. Gauthreau

Gauthreau Guest

TI works if I store the backup in the secure zone, but I still can't figure out how to access the restore point I set up on a disk.

Neil

8. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Neil,

Please provide a few details regarding your system e.g. O/S version, hard drive controller chipset, RAID or non-RAID operation, whether imaging to internal or external optical drive/hard drive etc.

Regards

9. Gauthreau

Gauthreau Guest

Menorcaman,

I'm currently using:

XP Home Service Pack 2 with all updates on a Compaq Presario 2100 Notebook.

Specs can be found at the link below:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...roduct=331544&lang=en&cc=us&docname=c00030875

I created a disk image and burned it to CD. Now I have no clue how to access it and restore it if need be. I can only access the acronis panel via the "safe" boot disks as mentioned by Mastercd. I do not have access to my CD in such a case though.

Neil

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.