Image Restore cause Win2k to reboot constantly Stop 218 error

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Kepy, Mar 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kepy

Kepy Registered Member

I have created a Full Image with TI8build 796. When I create Images I usually make the CD size 650 just incase I need to burn them to cd. My Image files are saved to a network drive (a great feature the TI has)

On two seperate computers I have tried to restore the image (which works without error) When I reboot the machine all seems well.

At the Win2k Splash screen right after the status bar gets completed. I get a flash of a BlueScreeen and the machine reboots.....It will do this over and over until I turn it off.

The Blue screen has a Stop Error I believe is 0000218 something about a Registry file corrupted or missing.

I just wonder if anybody has seen this before. I am getting it on 2 different computers that are the same model. They are the same as the model the image was created from.

The image source computer works just fine.....

Anythoughts.....

Thanks

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Kepy,

Thank you for choosing Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

Have you tried to restore the image to the source computer? Please make sure all the hardware on other computers is the same as on the source one.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

3. Kepy

Kepy Registered Member

Just on a hunch as I was out of ideas....

While I was posting my question, I was creating a new image of the source box again out the Network and broken up into CD size files.

The create process completed and I tried a restore using this new image and I was ABLE to Restore Succesfully.

While this issue is resolved in my case, I don't really have an answer for what happend. The image created from source box shuold be the same. I created (the one that didn't work) 2 days ago and created an image again today. The source box had no changes on it.

Wait, I remember now I did think of something different to try thought. The 1st image was created using TI8 from the Windows interface. Making a full image of the partition that was running Win2k. This second time of creating the Image, I started with the Boot CD and created the Image that way.

Perhaps something related to that scenario....

It is my understanding the TI had 'that' over the competition, that it could image a partition that was currently running. Perhaps I don't have a firm grasp of TI8 capabilities....

bottom line, I was able to create an image to a network drive and then restore that image to another computer, utilizing a CD Boot disk

Thanks

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Kepy,

Glad to hear you have solved the problem.

As a further investigation, I could ask you to create the image of the system under Windows once again and see whether you will be able to restore it. Also please tell whether you have any complex services or software that works with hard disk intensively (such as defragmenting software) installed.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.