Image loader hangs at reboot.

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by mjrtoo, Apr 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mjrtoo

mjrtoo Registered Member

I am trying to restore an image from the Secure Zone on the boot drive. When TI reboots the system, and the boot loader starts, it hangs at the 'Loading...please wait' with the flashing cursor. The cursor stops flashing and just sits there forever.

I'm using the lastest build of v9. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Also, is it possible to restore an image of a full drive to a drive that is not the same size, but, has enough space for the data? I'm not sure if this is what's happening, but possibly. I can't remember if I created partitions on the 'C' drive after I did the initial image....

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello mjrtoo,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

First of all, please make sure that you use the latest build (3567) of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home which is available at: http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/support/updates/

You can find the full version name and build number by going to Help -> About... menu in the main program window.

To get access to updates you should create an account at:
    http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/my/
    then log in and use your serial number to register your software.

Please uninstall any previously installed build by following Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> Add or Remove Programs -> Acronis True Image, prior to installing build 3567.

Please create new Bootable Rescue CD after installing the update, boot your PC from this CD, select "Full version" and see if the problem still persists.

If the problem still persists with Bootable Rescue CD created using the latest build (3567) of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home and the boot process reaches the selection screen advising you to select either "Full", "Safe" or "Boot into Windows" option then please try booting with "acpi=off noapic" parameter as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

If that does not help then please do the following:

- Boot the computer from Bootable Rescue CD created using the latest build (3567) of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home once more and press F11 key when the selection screen advising you to choose either "Full", "Safe" or "Boot into Windows" option appears;

- After you get the "Linux Kernel Settings" prompt, please remove the "quiet" word, click on the OK button and choose the "Full" option;

- As the startup messages stop scrolling please write down the last few lines of the output, or use a digital camera to make a shots of the output screens.

Please also create Acronis Report as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please submit a request for technical support. Provide the files and information collected in your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

If the problem still persists with Bootable Rescue CD created using the latest build (3567) of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home and the boot process does not reach the selection screen advising you to select either "Full", "Safe" or "Boot into Windows option" then please submit a request for technical support containing a brief description of the issue along with the information confirming your purchase of Acronis software (order number, e-mail, where did you purchase our product, etc.) and the link to this thread. One of our support engineers will certainly provide you with the ISO image of the rescue disk based on the special loader which might solve the problem in this case. Please note that even if it does not help we will certainly proceed with the investigation of this issue and try to provide you with the most suitable solution as soon as possible.

Yes, Acronis True Image 9.0 Home allows restoration of a disk\partition image to the hard drive having the capacity smaller than that of the disk this particular image was originally taken from. However, as you already mentioned the size of the actual data that is going to be restored should fit the capacity of the destination disk. You can find the detailed instructions on how to change the size of partitions during the image restoration process in Acronis True Image 9.0 Home User's Guide.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.