Image for Windows/Image for DOS Questions

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by TheKid7, Oct 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheKid7

TheKid7 Registered Member

A person has two PC's (one with a DVD/CD Burner and one with a DVD/CD ROM) and a USB Hard Drive. It is desired to image the system partition of the PC with the DVD/CD ROM and make bootable DVD(s)/CD(s) using the other PC.

Is it possible to image from the one PC with the DVD/CD ROM to the USB Hard Drive and then using the other PC burn bootable restore DVD(s)/CD(s)?

Thanks in Advance.

2. TheKid7

I see how it is done now except I do not understand what, if anything, do I put for the "Start File:" entry and "Vol:" entry?

Attached Files:

3. MerleOne

MerleOne Registered Member

Start File and Vol are optional and only used in case your burning session fails at some point. I think it's explained in the help file or on TB website.

For Boot Image field you have to get the CDBoot.F35 file in the program directory, and just select the first .TBI file with browser in the lowest field (Image File Set)

4. TheKid7

Thank you.

Everything worked out OK.

I imaged from a Dell Inspiron Laptop (~October 2003)(DVD-ROM Only) to a USB2 hard drive. I transferred the image file and CDBoot.F35 file to a PC with a DVD Burner where I burned the Image to a DVD+R with Bingburn. I had some issues that "may" have been all related to the slow USB1 ports. IFW's byte by byte verify failed about mid-way through the verification step. IFD would not recognize the USB hard drive. IFL worked OK.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.