image for windows and drive snapshot verify

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by lodore, May 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lodore

lodore Registered Member

Hello,
    whenever i use eiether drive snapshot or image for windows verify option around 30percent of the verify my computer goes majorly slow and even if i stop the verify or let it finish it takes a while before it goes back to normal speed. if i turn off the verify option i dont have that slowdown.
    if i disable kaspersky before doing an image with verify i also dont get that slow down.
    hopefully it wont happern with kis2009.
    but until then maybe somepeople can post sergestions.

2. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Assuming you are doing this in Windows, KIS/KAV is checking each file as it is accessed. Disabling is one solution doing it from recovery another. I would bet Kis2009 will do it also.

3. lodore

lodore Registered Member

ive added imagew.exe to the trusted zone with the option "do not scan open files" this solves the issue.

BTW i just tryed the image for dos recovery cd on my old PC which has an Nforce 3 chipset and my hard drive is detected. for windows pe recovery cd i had to get paragon to add a driver for me. which im surei remember you saying you had to get shadow protect to add the drivers for nforce3?

Last edited: May 21, 2008
  4. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

I don't know if it was nforce3. It was the 590 680 chipsets.

5. lodore

lodore Registered Member

i just ment nvidia chipsets in genaral tbh. this is how it pans out for nvidia chipsets starting from nforce 3 which my old computer has then going newer
    nforce 3
    nforce 4
    then
    then 780
    then 790 for hi end usage newest.
    so as you can see nforce3 which my old computer has is pretty old.
    i was just mainly pointing out that most recovery cd's dont detect nvidia chipsets but the one with image for dos.

Last edited: May 21, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.