Image for DOS to USB external HD

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by Oremina, Jan 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oremina

Oremina Registered Member

I know there are several Terabyte fans out there, have been following various threads. Would appreciate your take on the following problem, which is, I guess, a fairly minor one.

I've been using IFW (currently 1.70C) and IFD (1.99) on my old XP desktop for quite a while - very successfully. I have a lot of faith in it.

Recently started using version 2 on my Vista Home Premium laptop, currently using the latest update (v2.02b) of IFW and IFD.

IFW is not a problem, but I'm having a bit of a glitch when using my IFD disc, as follows:-

I use two back up places:-
    1) My laptop has a 120Gb HD with three partitions, one of which I use for imaging. When I use my IFD disc to back up to my "Images" partition, everything works as per the book, just what I expect.

However...
    2) I also back up to a 320Gb external HD. When I back up using IFW, all is normal. However, when I back up to the EHD using my IFD disc all goes well until it finishes. The box "The Process has completed successfully" does not appear. I am then left with having to do a hard reboot by pressing and holding the off-button (ctrl-alt-del does not work) and that I do not like - it cannot be right.

Is this to be expected using IFD to an external USB2 HD? Has anybody else experienced similar problems? Any ideas?

Incidentally, a subsequent "validate" on the EHD image then shows it to be OK, so it looks at the moment as though the glitch is more cosmetic than anything, but nevertheless I don't like the idea of having to do a hard reboot.

I know the answer is "Well then, use IFW and not IFD" but the point is I like to know everything is working perfectly.... just in case.

2. HAN

HAN Registered Member

Last edited: Jan 23, 2008
  3. Oremina

Oremina Registered Member

Thanks for your reply HAN. I posted in the Terabyte IFD/IFW Newsgroup yesterday and have just followed it up today with a little bit more detail. I'll wait for a couple of days and then I'll email their support if necessary.

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.