Image filname stored not correcly and backup corrupt.

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by loziro, Sep 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. loziro

loziro Registered Member

Hi,
    I do a full backup of entire hard disk C: to my external USB IDE hard disk H: (FAT32). I choose to save the full backup to file sistema.tib but when backup has finished I see on H: that sistema.tib does not exist with this name but exist with name sistema1.tib and sistema2.tib! (the image was splitted becouse my H: is FAT32 so can't support file biggest than 3.99gb). Next I do an incremental backup appending it to sistema1.tib; so TrueImage create sistema3.tib as incremental backup. When I restore the backup by selecting sistema3.tib as image to restore the process do not arrive to end and a messagebox say to me that backup is corrupt!!! If i rename sistema1.tib to sistema.tib, the backup will be restored correcly without prompting that is corrupt!
    I don't want to rename file manually every time! Is not a professional procedure!. I use TrueImage for my work and I would want that it work correctly!!

There is a solution or a path for correct this problem?

Thank you very much for your help.

loziro

2. loziro

loziro Registered Member

Acronis do not answer to my technical support request for this problem :mad:
    Neverone can help me?

ziro

3. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

I didn't answer earlier because I don't have a good answer but an outright guess.

I don't think renaming the filename is actually causing it to work. I think that by renaming it you are not getting the other incremental backup files validated and one of them is corrupt.

You could probably check this theory out by seeing if changes you know were included in your sistema3 backup are present in your good restore. If they aren't there my theory is likely correct, if they are there then it is indeed strange.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello loziro,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

Yes, there is no problem here. This is a normal behaviour of Acronis True Image.

There is no problem here as well.

Actually, Acronis True Image considers the whole "chain" of backups as the entire backup archive and so you can select any of the .tib files. Acronis True Image will create the corresponding incremental\differential backup anyway. The same applies to the restoration. Independently of which .tib file you have selected for restoration, Acronis True Image will suggest you several restore points in accordance with the full and incremental\differential backups creation dates. Please see these previous threads for further details: All of the Images, What copy do I build on?.

Well, it seems that seekforever's theory is correct. After you rename the first file, Acronis True Image does not validate\restore the incremental backup named sistema3.tib which appears to be corrupted and causing the problem.

First of all, please make sure you use the latest build (3677) of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home which is available for downloading in the Product Updates section of your account at Acronis web site.

You can find the full version name and build number by going to Help -> About... menu in the main program window.

To get access to updates you should create an account then log in and use your serial number to register the software.

Please uninstall the previously installed build by following Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> Add or Remove Programs -> Acronis True Image prior to installing build 3677.

Note that you should create a new Bootable Rescue CD after installing the update.

After installing the update, please re-create both the full and incremental backups and see if the problem persists.

If the problem persists with the latest build (3677) of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home, please try the following tips in order to solve it:

- Try updating the drivers for your external USB hard drive (if there are any) to the latest version available for free at the respective vendor web site;

- If your external USB hard drive is connected to the computer through a HUB, please try connecting it directly;

- If it is connected directly, please try using a different USB port.

If nothing of the above helps, please do the following:

1. Do not rename anything.

2. Validate the whole set of backups, i.e. the full backup plus an incremental one (you can choose any of the .tib files) both within Windows and using the Bootable Rescue CD. Inform us about the results;

3. Delete the sistema3.tib file or temporarily place it to another folder. Validate the full backup consisting of the sistema1.tib and sistema2.tib files (you can choose any of the .tib files) both within Windows and using the Bootable Rescue CD. Inform us about the results;

4. Perform a memory test using the memtest86+ utility and inform us about the result;

5. Try saving the whole set of backups to the internal hard drive and see if the problem persists. Let us know the result.

Please also provide us with the following information:

- What operating system do you use?

- Clarify whether you create disk\parition images or file-based backups;

- What are the exact vendor and model of your external USB hard drive?

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.