Image File is Corrupted

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Godsredeemed, Feb 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Godsredeemed

Godsredeemed Registered Member

Following a verification of the image, Acronis TI Home 10 tells me that the image is corrupt. No matter how many times I create the image the result is the same.

I began creating images following a clean install of WXP Pro CW SP2. I made about 6 images all were OK and I tested each one as I made them by restoring to the last image created.

Each of these 6 images were a complete image of my C drive that contained my operating system and all my core application and utilities. It also contained all updated drivers etc.

The trouble started when I began to install the first on my favourite games. I installed a couple of games and then attempted to test the image by restoring the C drive. Each time the verification utility in True Image reported the image was corrupted after only a couple of minutes. The games were installed a different drive.

Each image is only made when the drive is fully defragged and clean.

Right now I cannot make an image that is not corrupted. Routine error message E 00070020

Any advise will be appreciated.

System:

ASUS M32MN
    2 Gig PC 8500 Corsair
    C:\ 2 x 150 gig Raptors RAIDED Performance or Striped
    E:\Games 1 x 500 gig Caviar
    ATI Radeon 1950
    W XP Pro SP 2

Additional Drives

D:\ 2 x 150 gig Raptors Raided Striped
    F:\ 1 x 500 gigi Caviar
    G:\ Backup 1 x 300 Gig IDE

All images are backed up to the IDE drive.

Many Thanks.

2. Ralphie

Ralphie Registered Member

Try skipping the verification and just do the restore. You have a spare drive to restore to, right, judging from the list? Don't restore to your original.

3. Godsredeemed

I attempted to restore to the second array, but I received the same error message that the image was corrupted.

I tried restoring to this second array more than once with the same effect.

This is a virgin newly formatted array.

4. Ralphie

Well, next try making the bootable Rescue CD, boot with it, make a new full Backup Image then again with the Rescue CD, try Restoring that Image.

5. Godsredeemed

Sorry Ralph not quite sure what you mean.

Do mean to burn a copy of the image to a DVD and make it bootable with the restore disk utility. If so I cannot since my image is 11 gigs. I could try to compress it and put it on a double sided DVD, but this still does not tell me what is going wrong.

Did you mean create a new restore disk and create a new image and try again. This is simple to do and might make sense if my original restore disk has been corrupted.

6. Ralphie

True Image has a feature called a Rescue CD - at least that was their name from ver 9 and back. Look at the menu items of the installed software for something like Make Bootable Rescue Media.
    This cd has all the basic Backup, Recover, and Clone functions on it.
    In fact this is what I use for all my Backup and Recoveries (hardly ever do Clones) precisely to avoid a situation like you have run into - where you install certain software (games, in your case) and now some aspect of TI does not work.
    The CD boots into a Linux environment.

7. Godsredeemed

Thanks Ralphie,

I will look for it tonight and try.

Many Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.