Image File Corrupted E00070020

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Cliff Adams, Apr 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cliff Adams

Cliff Adams Registered Member

Hello,

I hope someone can help.

I found terrible problems with True Image 9.0 so I upgraded via the site to True Image 9.0 Home.

Unfortunately, I am still getting "image corrupted" massages when I use the verification process. I've read somewhere that this does not necessarily mean that the file IS corrupted but with these messages coming up how can I be sure?

Can anyone suggest a fix for this?

..not happy at all

Cheers !!!

2. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

Since you have the latest version and it fails too you can start by ruling out hardware. This doesn't mean it must be the hardware but that you should at least increase your confidence in the hardware.

Just because the PC works OK in normal use does not mean there are no subtle hardware problems. A bad byte in the right location or in a picture file will cause no problem. A single bad bit in an image verify results in a corrupt image. You are also not usually dealing with sustained high throughput data transfers to disk such as are done with an imaging program. TI is known to give the memory and disk subsystems a good workout.

What media are you backing up to?

Does the verifiy fail in both Windows and the rescue CD version?

Run chkdsk x: /r on all your partitions including the one receiving your images as created. Subsititute the partition's drive letter for the x in the command. The PC will want to reboot to check C.

Run memtest86+, http://www.memtest.org , for several hours, preferably overnight, to check your memory subsystem. You should have no errors reported.

Look in the XP Event Viewer Start | Control Panel | Administrative Tools | Event Viewer | System Log for any disk or hardware errors reported when the system was booted the current day or when the TI verify process is being run.

3. Tatou

Tatou Registered Member

That is good advice to look use the event viewer especially for all those people having corrupt images. I used to get them but since replacing my memory (which failed memtest- although I never had any other problems with the memory AFAIK) the images have verified correctly both with V8 and v9

I have had an other recurring problem and only by looking at the system log I saw that a driver was not being loaded. It also pays to check the application log

4. tachyon42

tachyon42 Registered Member

Another possibility is a problem with the disk cables.
    Try swapping cables with another set of cables to reduce the likelihood of a faulty cable.
    If you have IDE drives ensure that you are using 80 wire connector cables not 40 wire cables (count the wires not the pins).
    Also the recommended maximum for IDE cable length is 18inch (45cm) - if you have longer cables try getting shorter ones. Longer cables may work most of the time but are a possible cause of occasional problems.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.