Image creation problem

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by chano, Aug 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chano

chano Registered Member

Whats up

After I create an image on dvd-r I can’t access it.Because when go to the check image I can’t find it,and my lg dvd-rw lock’s up.The pc becomes sluggish to the point where I have turn it off.I have raid 0 with the ich5 chip

Please help

2. pjb024

pjb024 Registered Member

Have you checked that you have the latest firmware for your LG drive? Also, if your image spans more than one disc, insert the last disk first when you are looking for the image.

3. chano

chano Registered Member

Ok

I created an other set of image's,and this is what happens

When i insert the blank dvd+r everything is fine,image begins to burn on the dvd+r

Then dvd-drive pops open a screen appears telling me to mark the dvd number #1,then 4,and finally it ends with number#7.Image successfully created

Now here is the problem,i go to the"check image" leaving(number 7)the last dvd
    in the drive then i procced.

Everything is fine but then it ask me to insert cd number #6.Now true image specifically told to mark the first cd #1,the second,#4,and last number #7

So why the hell is it asking me for a number it didn't tell me to writte or i created?

When i insert numer #4 or #1 my pc freeze's and the dvd-drive locks up.I have to then shut my pc down,and then everything goes back to normal when i turn back on then ejecting the dvd out of the drive.

I have wasted 10 dvd+r today,and i'm getting tire of this bull

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello chano,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

could you please let me know the build number of Acronis True Image you use? Please try to copy the content of each DVD to a single folder on the internal hard drive and verify the image after that. What is the result?

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

5. chano

chano Registered Member

Hey Ilya,

The build number is 903.

The only content that i could copy is(last dvd)number#7.If i insert #1,or #4 it will freeze my computer.

Please help me image my pc on a raid 0+1 config,and no image to it means if something(strong virus or ad-ware)happens i will have to format.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2005
  6. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hi chano,

It's not clear from your posts whether you're running UDF packet writing software and imaging direct to DVD or using the alternative, two-step, method of creating a manually split image to your hard drive and then burning the resultant .tib files to DVD. Please confirm.

Regards

7. chano

chano Registered Member

What's up Menorcaman,

The only writing software i'm using is roxio drag to disk.And yes imaging direct to the DVD.If i'm doing it wrong can someone here please tell me how to create an image of my hard disk on a dvd?!?.

I also have farstone restore it 6 can that run on a raid 0+1?

Thank you

8. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello again chano,

Firstly, the DVDs need to be preformatted using UDF packet writing software (in your case Roxio Drag-to-Disk) that also needs to be running in the background whilst creating the image.

In your post #1 you refer to DVD-R. Please note that Roxio (or any other UDF packet writer) can't format this type of media. Therefore, you need to use either DVD+R or DVD+/-RW. Again, one needs to note that, as far as I'm aware, only Roxio Drag-to-Disk is able to "format" DVD+R disks. It isn't "formatting" in the normal sense as that would be impossible on write once media.

Anyway, if you haven't already done so, I recommend that you read <Acronis True Image Online FAQ #20>.

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.