Image created w/TI9 TRIAL compatible w/TI8 reg. version ?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by wilbur, Mar 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wilbur

wilbur Registered Member

I had been using an outdated version of TI 8 and then unistalled it from my computer because it wasn't working correctly and (at that time) Acronis support
    was not much help at all. To Acronis's credit, I will say that this was before Wilder's forums for Acronis. Anyway; I recently decided to try TI9 and D/L'ed the
    TRIAL TI9 and it worked perfectly.
    While I was on Acronis's site I noticed that there was a final update for my registered version of TI8 available and decided to have another go with that (updated) version. I checked the image I created w/ TI9 TRIAL using TI8 to do the check and didn't get any error messages.
    My question is this : does Acronis recommend that I keep the TI9 TRIAL image now that I have TI8 installed or do they recommend that I create a new image with TI8 ?
    Would prefer to hear from Acronis Support but anyone else who can comment on
    this - I would appreciate the input. Thanks much!

2. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello wilbur,

I'm not Acronis but hopefully I will do :D.

TI 9 Disk/Partition images (be they from the trial or full version) are compatible with TI 8. However, TI 9 Files/Folders images and Differential images are not.

Regards

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello wilbur,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

I confirm Menorcaman's reply as it is quite correct. Acronis True Image 8.0 can be used to restore a disk\partition image created using the free trial version of Acronis True Image 9.0.

If you have any further questions concerning Acronis software, please feel free to submit a request for technical support or post any of them on this forum. We will certainly try to help you in resolving any issues.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.