Image created w/TI9 TRIAL compatible w/TI8 reg. version ?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by wilbur, Mar 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wilbur

wilbur Registered Member

I had been using an outdated version of TI 8 and then unistalled it from my computer because it wasn't working correctly and (at that time) Acronis support
    was not much help at all. To Acronis's credit, I will say that this was before Wilder's forums for Acronis. Anyway; I recently decided to try TI9 and D/L'ed the
    TRIAL TI9 and it worked perfectly.
    While I was on Acronis's site I noticed that there was a final update for my registered version of TI8 available and decided to have another go with that (updated) version. I checked the image I created w/ TI9 TRIAL using TI8 to do the check and didn't get any error messages.
    My question is this : does Acronis recommend that I keep the TI9 TRIAL image now that I have TI8 installed or do they recommend that I create a new image with TI8 ?
    Would prefer to hear from Acronis Support but anyone else who can comment on
    this - I would appreciate the input. Thanks much!

2. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello wilbur,

I'm not Acronis but hopefully I will do :D.

TI 9 Disk/Partition images (be they from the trial or full version) are compatible with TI 8. However, TI 9 Files/Folders images and Differential images are not.

Regards

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello wilbur,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

I confirm Menorcaman's reply as it is quite correct. Acronis True Image 8.0 can be used to restore a disk\partition image created using the free trial version of Acronis True Image 9.0.

If you have any further questions concerning Acronis software, please feel free to submit a request for technical support or post any of them on this forum. We will certainly try to help you in resolving any issues.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.