Image corruption

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by krosenstein, Jun 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. krosenstein

krosenstein Registered Member

When I boot to TrueImage and check a previously made image, I get a message that the image is corrupt.

But when a start TrueImage in WinXP and check the same image, it checks out as OK.

Does anyone know what's going on? The image isn't very useful if I can't use it when I boot into TrueImage.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello krosenstein,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Could you please clarify what you mean by "When I boot to TrueImage and check a previously made image"? You boot from Acronis bootable CD and verify the image, am I correct? Please also tell us where you store the backups. Does Acronis True Image create corrupt backups running in rescue mode?

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

3. krosenstein

krosenstein Registered Member

Yes, I boot from a TrueImage bootable CD and then verify the image. The response is that the image is corrupt. I store my images in a separate partition on my HD. I haven't used rescue mode.

As I tried to say in my original message, I'm not sure the image is really corrupt. When I boot into WinXP, I have no problem accessing the image. The problem seems to exist only when I boot to the TrueImage bootable CD.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello krosenstein,

Could you please try the "acpi=off noapic" workaround and verify the image, if it doesn't help please create sysinfo.txt file and send to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread (please see https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=55317 for the detailed instructions). Also please let me know the full model name of the HDD controller your drive. We will certainly help you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.