Image Corrupted - Part Deux

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Death, Sep 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Death

Death Registered Member

Looks like I can't get an answer form tech support either...

Every single image I make, doesn't matter wether it is local, external, or CD, checks out as "corrupted image".
    Since there doesn't seem to be a fix, please advise me on how to get my money back. By now I ruined 32 CD's, wasted 2 days and am at the end of my rope in trying to find a solution for this problem.
    (Especially since no one from this company seems to be interested in even give anybody an answer about this problem. I read this whole forum and couldn't find a solution/tech support response to this)

TechSupport / Sales:
    ======================================================
    If it is fixable I'd like to have a fix because I like the the way the program works (if it would work), otherwise I'll just cancel the charges to my credit card, if I can't get a refund for this defective product.
    ======================================================

PS: Does anybody out there know of a comparable program that he/she knows to work? Needs to have a bootable CD (since I don't have a floppy drive)
    I need to have something working, since I can't backup my machine with this and I need to so before I install any more software on this virgin re-install.

2. Death

Death Registered Member

Well, still no answer.... (Neither here, nor to my e-mail)

another day, still no backup...

I am seeing now where all the other negative comments about techsupport are coming from...

Not even a "we are are working on it" or anything else, just the sounds of silence....

The customer is definitly NOT king with this company here...

Still waiting, but not for much longer, I think it is time to consider cancelling the credit card charge soon...

3. NotImpressed

NotImpressed Registered Member

Got the same message. Discovered some Idiot decided that you should load the disks in reverse order. Sart with your last disk created and work back. :p

4. Death

Death Registered Member

Huh?
    What does this have to do with the "Corrupted Image" on a Check Image?
    Even if I tell it to check a multi file image and starting from the last one, it still gives me the corrupted image message. Does the same on an image on local disk which is one large file...

Thanx for the help, however, I get every single one of my images as "corrupted" no matter how I make it and where I make it (local, CD, or Secured Zone). Bummer...

Thanx anyway...

BTW, I use XP PRO with all updates up to, but not including SP2, NTFS and TI8 build 771.

5. Death

Death Registered Member

Well, finally got a reply today, so there IS actually somebody in techsupport...

They told me to run a chkdsk c: /r and chkdsk d: /r and then try again.

Well, it didn't work. Then I should run the report program and mail them the report if that didn't work. I already mailed them that report with my first e-mail!!!

Now I am exactly where I started from, except I wasted more time trying to make corrupt images...

Can't wait to see what's next, I'll keep you guys posted, mayhaps we'll get a solution for this after all...

6. Death

Death Registered Member

Decided not to waste any more time. This forum is quite hostile if I might say so (moderators overmoderating). I decided that this has taken too much time and effort already and notified sales and techsupport accordingly.

Just so you know:

I really like the way TI is laid out and if I could have it work reliably on my system, it would be the software of my choice. I hope that some day a ZD policy is enacted and I'll buy it then anytime.

7. Steve1947

Steve1947 Registered Member

Dear Death, You encountered the exact same problem and the exact same set of suggested solutions with the same results as I did. The corrrupted image problem appears to a common problem with Acronis users. If they (Acronis) cannot resolve a comon problem heaven help the poor folks that have a one of a kind failure.

8. lynchknot

lynchknot Registered Member

I don't know much about this and you mention you do not have a floppy drive. I have used the secure zone repeatedly with success. Is it because you do not have a secondary drive that you are not using this alternative or you do not want to waste disk space? I have not attempted to make bootable disks yet as F11 on boot seems to work really well.

forum seems hostile AND
    - seems to occur often in specialty forums within the boards - specifically firewall and security (I/many have noticed) - probably due to the fact there is high turnover - "visitors", if you will - that are having problems and are in extreme and immediate need of a solution. It can wear anyone down but many mods are/should be picked for their PR ability.

General tech boards are more relaxed as there are less "immediate needs" and become "home" groups for many, as well as topic forums vary widely.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2004
  9. Death

Death Registered Member

No, no, I DID make a secure partition on my primary drive also, and that one WILL NOT give me a verifiable image. As a matter of fact if I image to disk (some file like "mybackup.tib") the check image ran almost to the last minute and then gave me a "image corrupted" message, whereas the Secure Zone almost instantly gave me a "image corrupt" message every time I tried. (and man, did I try...)
    But all of this is for naught by now, I decide to wipe out my TrueImage 8 & Diskdirector 9 bundle and use a different software now, it works without the slightest hickup...

10. Mark Ace7

Mark Ace7 Guest

I too am having major problems with TI. I have 4 different images taken during differernt stages of my computer build. I ran into problems and wanted to go back to one of them. Low and behold, all the images say corrupted. How can this product have won an award. What a pile!

11. wings

wings Registered Member

Quite simple; bad or wrong configured ram. I had the same problem while verifying CD's or DriveImage images a year ago.

Use http://www.memtest86.com/ to test your ram. In my case I fixed it by changing some memory timing setting in my bios.

12. bilby

bilby Guest

Following the hint in Wings' post, I went into the BIOS at bootup and changed the speed on my 800 MHz cpu to 600 MHz. At this speed I finally got an image file to verify. This after weeks of failure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.