'Image Corrupted' on Verify

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by StevenLyall, Jun 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StevenLyall

StevenLyall Registered Member

I am evaluating True Image Home on a WinXP Pro machine.

It's perfect for backing up folders and files, but every time I try to backup an image of the system drive, I get an 'Image Corrupted' message during teh verify.

I've tried backing up to both an internal and an external drive.

Being new to teh software, I'm just wondering if I'm missing something basic, as I believe that this backup option is True Image's strenght and that teh Files/Folders option is new.

My system seems to work perfectly otherwise.

Thanks,

Steven Lyall

2. WGB

WGB Registered Member

I have exactly the same problem.

It does not inspire confidence

Bill Babe

3. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

Are you running the latest version, build 3633 for Home?

Can you do a successful verify either within Windows or from the rescue CD?

Usually the least problematic way of creating archives on a PC is by imaging to an internal HD or another partition on the same HD. Once a USB external drive has demonstrated its ability to work well with very large files it will be fine too.

It can be hardware related. TI is known to put a heavy load on the memory sub-system. Also remember that it only takes 1 bad bit to render the archive corrupt. You can have a bad bits in say a jpeg file and you wouldn't even know the difference.

True Image does not compare the image with the original files when doing a verify. It re-calculates the checksum of the archive which is why it can do it at any time.

Run chkdsk X: /r on all your partitions. Substitute the drive letter of the partition for X; you will have to reboot to test C.

Run memtest86+ (www.memtest.org) for several passes, preferrably overnight, to increase your confidence in the memory system.

Memory diagnostics are good but they don't test the memory in exactly the same environment it is running in when doing operations like a verify. If you have more than one stick of memory consider running the PC with one then the other stick while doing the verify.

4. StevenLyall

StevenLyall Registered Member

Many thanks - will try for sure. Having said this, I now realize that many posters are seeing teh same problem and it appears that Acronis have it in hand.

Thanks again,

Steven

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.