Image Copy on DVDs

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by richrf, Nov 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. richrf

richrf Registered Member

Hi everyone,

Is anyone using Image for DOS (Bootitng) or any other image copying to create images to DVDs. If so, is there any R/W DVD that is more reliable than others? How much data can I expect to be able to store on a single DVD? One of my computers has about 7GB and the other about 30GB. Anything else that I should be aware of or consider? Thanks for the info.

Rich

2. nod32_9

nod32_9 Guest

I use Bootit ng, which is essentially IFD. A DVD can store about 4.5GB of data. Haven't encountered any problem with any DVD media using the Plextor 712 (NewEgg freebee, TDK, and FUJI brand). I would keep the write speed to 4x. My partition isn't large enough for DVD disc spanning.

3. Smokey

Smokey Registered Member

I'm using DVD's R/RW from the supermarket just around the corner, write speed 8x, very, very cheap and no problems at all with them.

You have to try it by yourself, try first a cheap brand and when it is doing the job well, don't buy those expensive brands.

Ciao,

Smokey

4. richrf

richrf Registered Member

Thanks everyone for the helpful info.

Rich

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.