Image Copy/File backup Strategy Question

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by richrf, Nov 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. richrf

richrf Registered Member

Hi everyone,

First of all, thanks to everyone with helping me find some image copy software.

Right now I am evaluation Image for Dos (Bootitng) and so far it looks good. It is slow, but I do not mind. I am simply looking for a very reliable image copy/restore process that will get me back online in case of system corruption or virus infestation. (Both have happened to me over the last year).

What I would like to do now is develop a procedure to backup my common data files. Does it make sense to backup these files to the same external hard drive that I am using to store my image copy? What I am concerned about is that the file backup may, at some future time, spread a virus to my external hard drive, thereby contaminating my good image copy. I could do file backups to a CD. This would keep the more frequent file backups seperate from the clean image copy. Any comments would be appreciated.

Rich

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.