Image Back software

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by Ptah, Sep 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

SP is all the rave right now and thats to be expected of course, but i been using PARAGON for many years and it's as reliable as the sun rising every morning, so theres another very good one you might would consider. I found what it has done for me is returned my investment MANY times over and is grown over the past 2 years progressively more efficient, feature-rich, fast, as well as cost effective for ALL audiences.

Best Of Luck With Your Choice.

2. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Can Paragon, meet his criteria of running totally on autopilot? Not sure of the total wisdom of that, but it is what his boss wants.

Pete

3. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

On an immediate basis, likely not unless he is looking for the basic time-scheduled backups and the like.

As mentioned, SP "IS" all the rave right now. And it's reported to be very fast which is a HUGE benefit for some, not for others.

In due time though, i'm sure PARAGON will devise something similar which also peaks interest to return in their direction. It's simply marketing strategy for ultimate customer satisfaction by ALL sides. The more reliable and feature rich programs usually get the nod. ;)

"Autopilot" is a really nice idea so long as it can run reliably without issue, so that kind of operation makes for something to go after indeed.

4. lodore

lodore Registered Member

it seems with the paragon backup wizard the most you can do is a daily task.
    unless you include the do a backup at every logon.
    I have tested the autopilot stuff in paragon a while ago.
    the paragon process only starts when it does the backup and shuts off as soon as its done.
    and it works perfectly everytime.
    also the professinal version supports scripts which mean you can write a script to do a task before and after its run.
    lodore

Last edited: Sep 9, 2007
  5. Peter2150

I've been running SP3 on my business desktop in autopilot mode, and it is unbelievably fast. Incrementals take on average 7 seconds(I do them every 15 minutes. Then at the end of the day they are collapsed into 1 daily incremental. You don't even realize they've run.

I've tested restores from a mid day incremental, as well as retrieving files from them. All works like a charm.

Pete

6. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Well, go ahead and rub it in Pete :D

Indeed, SP with that kind of performance certainly does make it immensely desirable/useful well beyond the ordinary not experienced before now, of that there can be no doubt of course.

If i keep reading this and other "newfound" benefits i very well may be adding it also to my emergency imaging inventory. My Theory is more the reality which is no theory at all but stems from experiences with anything Windows.

The more of a variety you keep on hand to prevent data/system loss, the less time & annoyance you'll spend wondering what to do next when something malfunctions.

A member here not long ago used the expression Layered Approach concerning security programs & scanners. From what i've experienced from that arena, imaging for me is no different. Should one of my imaging apps IMAGES run into trouble it's going to be nice to have a fallback measure to turn to in case of emergency. IMAGES don't take a lot of room from what i seen, so it's a wise choice to make space for those too.

7. Peter2150

Well I used to use 4 different imaging apps, mainly cause i was afraid to restore. Now having beaten the heck out of Shadow Protect, I rely only on it and FDISR archives.

But for what the OP asked for, SP V3 just fits like a soft leather glove.

Pete

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.