Image and Restore on SATA Drives

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by jimshu1, Nov 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jimshu1

jimshu1 Registered Member

My system:

-ANTEC Sonana Black Case w/380w TruePower
    -ASUS P4C800-E DELUXE. Latest BIOS 1019
    -P4 / 3.0C GHZ SL6WK - Not OC'd
    -ALPHA PAL S-PAL8952T & 80mm SUNON case80HO FAN (exhausting)
    -Corsair TWINX1024-3200C2PT 1GB DDR400
    -ATI RADEON 9800 PRO AGP 8X 256MB DDR 256 BIT
    -SOUND BLASTER AUDIGY 2 ZS
    -MODEM BLASTER Model DI5633 v.92
    -2 x MAXTOR DiamondMax Plus 9 SATA 80Gb HD's (non-RAID)
    -1 x MAXTOR DiamondMax D740X-6L PATA 40Gb HD
    -DVD-ROM: ASUS Model DVD-E616P2
    -DVD+-RW: NEC Model ND-3500A
    -CD-RW: ASUS CRW-4816A
    -19" Monitor: SAMSUNG 955DF / Model PG19JSBL
    -LINKSYS BEFSR41 v3 Cable/DSL Router and Cable Modem
    -Windows XP Pro 5.1.2600 SP2 Build 2600 w/all updates

I have been using TI 8 for several months. No problem with imaging, or restoring, from and to the SATA drives. The SATA's and PATA's work the same with TI. From within Windows, or from the boot CD. The PATA HD is actually on the Promise IDE 133 connector on the MB, but is run as standard IDE. I have no RAID setup with any of the drives, although the ability to run RAID is built into this MB.

I think the latest ICH5R chipset is the tip. Non-RAID is probably easier for TI also. Software sees SATA drives just like PATA drives. In fact, Ghost 2003, run from a boot CD, sees and images/restores the SATA's just fine also.

Just thought I would mention this due to all of the posts on SATA drives.

2. Boccas

Boccas Guest

I have an ATA 133 drive and a Sata 150 drive. Both are not recognised on reboot in an attempt to restore image saved on either. In fact TI reports computer has no drives. No replies from Acronis to my email. Perhaps you may know of some settings for these type of hard drives which TI may recognise and operate properly.
    Any help would be appreciated.

Guess we all know the story; Software that can't do what it is designed to do straight out of the packet, is just a pretty but useless drink coaster.

If you cannot help, maybe I will have to use some other software. More wasted money!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.