I'm suspicious but should I be.....

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by Old Monk, Jan 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Old Monk

Old Monk Registered Member

Hi

I'm trying in vain to ask my ISP about this so I thought I'd check here to see if anyone thinks this is suspicious.

I use Thunderbird and my last 2 e-mails are along these lines.

First, a Welcome to ***** Incoming Spam Firewall with UserName and Password and a link to access the Spam Quarantine ( the mail has no company logo but seems to come from Barracuda Networks)

Secondly, a spam quarantine summary with one e-mail identified as spam. This one is logoed as from my ISP but I have not seen the logo in this manner on their website. This mail wants me to Deliver/Whitelist/Delete the quarantined mail.

In both cases, Thunderbird thinks they are e-mail scams and warns me that the links and actions in both mails take me to an IP address on numbers rather than a named address, which it thinks is suspicious.

I can't find any reference on my ISP's website of this new feature and has not informed me that they are implementing it.

I've looked at Barracuda Networks and they in themselves look legit.

The 2 e-mails are timed but not dated and NOD32 doesn't have that messsage that is has 'checked this message'.

I've spent 40 mins on the phone waitng to speak to my ISP but no luck.

I think the answer lies with me contacting them but anyone here any thoughts ?

2. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

Best not to take any chances imo.

3. Old Monk

Old Monk Registered Member

Hi farmerlee

Thanks for your reply. Have at last made contact with my ISP and it is legit.

Nice of them to let me know they'd introduced it :cautious:

Thanks anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.