Im stuck

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by Tarak, Oct 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tarak

Tarak Registered Member

I placed my faith in Paragon Backup but think it may have been missplaced.

I want to rebuild my primary HDD - I have archives on an external 1T HDD and my Paragon Backup Disk. However, when I boot up with the backup disk it does not recognise my external drive!?

So where do I go from here?

I've tried contacting Paragon support, but it will not accept my password - even after I got them to email me the password again.

2. Paragon_Cisco

Paragon_Cisco Paragon Moderator

Hello Tarak,

Which Recovery CD are you using?

If you are using the recovery CD created from the "Recovery Media Builder" within the program, you will need to select "Normal" mode. (Only mode that has USB support)

You can also use the WinPE Advanced Recovery CD which is Vista based and should recognize external drive and will allow you to add the drivers for external drive if needed. This recovery CD is available if you have a full version of Drive Backup Pro or higher.

3. Tarak

Tarak Registered Member

Thanks for the reply.

I make a recovery disk when I installed Paragon Disk Backup. Now, after several attempts, I can get the external drive, but when I go to rebuild it looks for PBL (I think that what it they a called) files where as I have arc files - even when I select 'show all files' it doesn't show anything yet they are on the drive and verified files. - poop! :oops:

4. Tarak

Tarak Registered Member

Oh yes - I'm using Windows XP Pro

5. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

Hi,

If you are trying to restore individual files:

Inside each arc folder are the .PBF files.

Double click the arc folder to open it.

Then Double click on the .PBF file to reveal the files inside.

Hope it helps.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2009
  6. Tarak

Tarak Registered Member

OK thanks for that - but last time I tried the external backup HDD was accepted as a valid drive, but its contents did not show so I had no way of selecting the arc file. I'm trying to rebuild the whole partion - which is a single internal HHD - ie. the primary HDD.

I've checked the external HDD via another machine and everything is OK with it and the files are there and verified. (Grrrrr!)

7. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

Are you trying to restore an entire image - or just individual files out of the image?

The entire image , presumably - you boot the disc on the machine with external drive usb drive attached - and Paragon boot disc does not see any files on the external drive?

Can it see the files on the external drive if you select File Transfer Wizard?

Are you using the Linux/dos boot cd , or the WinPE cd.

Instead of "Show All", you might try clicking "Switch to File View",

DB9PRO-1-2009-10-08_035054.jpg

Then browse for the arc folder.

DBPRO-2-2009-10-08_034738.jpg

Last edited: Oct 7, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.