I'm sticking with ESS 3.0. ESS 4.0 is rather disappointing

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by DarrenDavisLeeSome, Mar 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarrenDavisLeeSome

DarrenDavisLeeSome Registered Member

Well, after long consideration I decided to go back to ESS 3.0. I just didn't care for ESS 4.0.

The only real apparent problem that I had with ESS 4.0 was the reoccuring (although somethimes intermitent) popups whenever I rebooted or shutdown Windows XP: something was happening with Dr. Watson and the dwwin.exe file ever since I installed ESS 4.0 for the very first time. A minor funtionality flaw, but, annoying to say the least. I know this popup was indeed caused buy ESS 4.0. I must have installed it at least 5~6 times and reverted back and forth from ESS 3.0 somewhere in between.

I had other issues with ESS 4.0. Didn't much care for some of the new Tools (more like toys): the Network/File System activity monitor for one thing. I don't need that. Windows Task Manager does a well enough job for me. Never really found any use for SysInspector. Some of the new Security additions didn't set very well with me either. Why do I need ESET to imform me about Windows Updates? An SSL Filter, that I used and would not even allow me to navigate to a HTTPS...o_O

Yeah. I'd rather stick with ESS 3.0. ESS 4.0 kinda left a bad taste in my mouth. Not nearly as bad as Internet Explorer 8 turned out to be. Microsoft can keep that too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.