IM software: BitWise

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by Cerxes, Apr 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cerxes

Cerxes Registered Member

Hi!
    Anyone heard about a IM software called BitWise? I´ve tested it now for several weeks, and I can only say that I´m very pleased with both stability and security regarding both the software and the network. The only negative is that the network community is small compared to the big ones (msn, yahoo, icq e t c.). So it isn´t a network for those who are seeking new friends, but instead a network/software for those who want to communicate in privacy and regards security as the main issue. :)

http://www.bitwiseim.com/

Info about IM security:

http://www.networkcomputing.com/shared/article/printArticlePage.jhtml?articleID=164903946&pgno=1

Regards, C.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2006
  2. Rui

Rui Registered Member

Hi Cerxes

I fully agre with your words.
    I have beeen using Bitwise for some time now and I am very glad I choose it as my IM application.
    I even purchased the Plus version, in order to help developing the software.
    But it seems that Bitwise does not seem to be very intereesting to Wilders members. I wonder why...
    Regards
    Rui

3. Cerxes

Cerxes Registered Member

Another safe IM alternative is the Jabber protocol. Since Google decided to use Jabber, I think it will turn that protocol to be a great, safer alternative to MSN, Yahoo etc. Personally I run Gaim 2.0 beta3 using MSN, Yahoo, Jabber and ICQ. A great software if your friends uses different protocols. Other good alternatives to Gaim is Miranda and Trillian, if you need software who can run several protocols.

Regards, C.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.