I'm really tired of CoolWebSearchX

Discussion in 'adware, spyware & hijack cleaning' started by kend1606, May 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kend1606

kend1606 Registered Member

We have tried for more than a week to make client's systems stay clean of this mess.

Even have one system that CoolWebSearchX seems to have gotten around Spyware Guard and reinfested a system.

We always follow the procedures that have been recommended and that have worked successfully for various situations such as this but this one seems to be out smarting us regularly.

Anyone have recommendations as to how to rid a system of this mess and keep it off?

Thanks, Ken

2. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

Hey there; I've moved you over to the appropriate section of the forum. If you check out the "stickies" here and follow the directions, our experts will get you clean.

3. dvk01

dvk01 Global Moderator

4. kend1606

Sorry I didn't make this more clear but we've been doing these things and more for the past week.

Systems still become re-infested.

Thanks, Ken

5. kend1606

Any fixes for this mess yet??

We still have several clients infested with this CoolwebsearchX mess. These systems also cannot run the Spyware Blaster program with the same error that has been reported.

I can't find any info that the Spyware Blaster has been changed to fix this problem.

We would appreciate any follow-up as to the status of an update for Spyware Blaster and also any other magic tricks or tools that anyoe has come up with to permanently rid these systems of this mess.

Thanks, Ken

6. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.