I’m not sure yet, but are there any popular software that were made in Japan?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by sweater, Sep 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sweater

sweater Registered Member

Philippines, the Political Dynasty Capital of the
    . :rolleyes:
    Maybe, I’m just curious… coz some popular “computer related” products are made in Japan (Sony, Toshiba, PlayStation2, Sharp, JVC, etc.) and I’m wondering then if Japan also produces some great software programs that we can really says useful and good enough just like CleanCache 3, RegScrubXP, JV16 PowerTools, Avast!, ProcessGuard, etc… :eek: o_O

2. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

Trend is headquartered there I believe. Some would describe it as good while others might say great.

3. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

Re: I’m not sure yet, but are there any popular software that were made in Japan?

Trend Micro is a very good product and it is based in Japan

4. Windfresh

Windfresh Registered Member

Re: I’m not sure yet, but are there any popular software that were made in Japan?

Email client Becky www.rimarts.co.jp and text editor Dana -the same company.
    Access is a develpoer of browsers for mobile phones.Though I think it is inferiour to those of Opera.
    Japan is not a hot-bed of software building.It requires creative ,non-standard thinking.The strict rules of Japanese culture and traditions do not favour breaking the rules...

5. Meltdown

Meltdown Registered Member

Sleipnir - it's an IE shell that's big in Japan but barely known elsewhere. There's an English version which I tried a while back; it looked pretty good.

6. Arup

Arup Guest

There are many good software from Japan, they have a virtual stranglehold on animation software, other good software is Pixia and Sound Box, Pixia is a freeware and as capable as Corel Paint. Since majority of the good software in Japan is written in Japanese, internationally, it would be hard to find one written in English. I have come across some excellent academic science based software but all written in Japanese.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.