im not getting adware or spyware

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by ad22886, Dec 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ad22886

ad22886 Registered Member

which probly means there is something seriously wrong with my computer.

everytime i went on the internet i would use ad-aware se and it would usually find about 20-30 adware, but for the past few weeks its not found anything i know ive got some because my computer is starting to slow down, and going on the internet non stop for the past few weeks i must have some adware (im not saying i want it, i just know something is wrong if im not getting any)

its the same with spybot s&d im getting no spyware.

ive also noticed that i cant download so i think it might be something to do with my temporary internet files.

can anyone help me on this? im using windows xp sp2

2. Jimbob1989

Jimbob1989 Registered Member

have you recently installed a router or any new software?

Jimbob

3. ad22886

thanx for writing back ive been behind a router for about 6 months now. i recently installed icq when this all happend but i do remember doing something with my temporary internet files but i thought i put everything back to normal.

temporary internet files properties

attributes
    read only - ticked(shaded)
    hidden - not ticked

please wb

4. Jimbob1989

I don't know why your temporary internet files are set to read only, I don't think they should be or need to be. I would suggest you delete tempory history incase you have an nasties in there and I would suggest downloading 'Spybot Search & Destroy' if you don't have it allready, give that a run and see what it finds.

Jimbob

5. ad22886

my spybot cant find anything either. how do i delete internet history? should i untick read only?

6. Jimbob1989

Yes I would. You can delete the files either manually from the folder or as long if you have internet explorer. you can click on tools > Internet Options > Delete Files.

Jimbob

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.