Im new, some help lease

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Datagg, Jan 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Datagg

Datagg Guest

Hello, just D/L the trial version last night for a looksee. It seesm to be one helluva good program. One major prob came up today though. i have a program in my Half life directory called Sparky.exe, its an extension to Half life which i play online. When trying to start up the program today, nod comes up and said it may be a possibe virus and doesnt let it run. i have disabled it as an exclusion as a file and as a folder itself and it still wont let me access my game. How do i fix this..

Thank you for your time..

2. sir_carew

sir_carew Registered Member

Hello,
    I recommend that you send the file detected as probably new... to samples@nod32.com for a analyzis of the file and possible fix for that.
    Try to exclude all the game, and also all the others file related to the game that maybe are in other folders.

3. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

4. Datagg

Datagg Guest

Hello all and thank you so much for your help. I unfortunelty decided to renew a license I had with a virus program i have used for years. Your program was really nice though and i can see how little resources it used up,so congrats on that. i was a bit sad on the sparky.exe thing though, but all in all its just your program doing its job. i will still if you would like send that exe to you for you too see for any future designs.

Another question, i uninstaled nod without a hitch, but its still showing emails being checked at the bottoms of each one, how can i stop that message. i did run a registry cleaner, but i may have missed something.If you could let me know i sure would appreciate it.

Thank you for giving me the opporunity to try your procuct out and thank you all for responding back to me.

5. mrtwolman

mrtwolman Eset Staff Account

Sparky.exe may be (not necessary) a heuristic false possitive. Sending to eset will fix the labeling it as a possible virus if it is a regular and harmless file.

To the adding signatures issue - did u a reboot after removing NOD32 ?

6. Datagg

Datagg Guest

Yes i did thank you...And that cleared up the text. Thank you

7. Datagg

Datagg Guest

Once again thank you all for your posts here. I just sent the Sparky exe up for review , so hopefully this can help in future designs.

Take care all....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.