I'm liking KIS 7

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by luciddream, Aug 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. luciddream

luciddream Registered Member

Haven't had any of the problems others have mentioned, including the infamous Check Disk errors. It's running lighter than version 6 did on my PC. For some reason KAV 6 ran fine but KIS 6 noticably slowed me down. No such problems with this version. I find the HTTP scanner to also be lighter. The only slowdown I notice is when I first open my browser, it takes a few extra seconds, but after that... clean sailing.

The PDM has also allowed me to ditch my HIPS which also has freed up resources. I was a very satisfied Nod32 user and have nothing bad to say about their product whatsoever, but KIS 7 has won me over, so far anyway.

2. QBgreen

QBgreen Registered Member

I've been liking it myself now for a month! I'm not experiencing any checkdisk issues either. What an innovative product. So much excellent protection running so lightly. For me, this is the benchmark of how a security suite should be.

3. ankupan

ankupan Registered Member

Hi,

I am fond of NOD32, but I got KIS at very cheap.

I have installed KIS on laptop and its working excellent from last one month and I liked it very much. this is first time - I am happy with KIS 7.

4. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

Yes, I also like KAV/KIS 7, of course it´s not perfect yet, but they have improved it a lot and it seems to be compatible with a lot of other security tools. But HIPS configuration should become a bit more simple. ;)

5. luciddream

luciddream Registered Member

Yeah the PDM can be a little tricky and overwhelming for the avg. PC user, but once you get everything the way you want it, it makes for a very formidable HIPS.

This is the only security suite I'd recommend. I'm usually a fan of stand alone products, but KIS has everything I want all under one hood and it runs great on my system. What's not to like about that?

6. wir.sing

wir.sing Registered Member

Running KIS 7 as well and liking it.

And to answer your question: The Anti-Spam module isn't the best. The competition has way better solutions in that area. But its not the most important part for me and I expect it to improve in the future.

7. Sjoeii

Sjoeii Registered Member

Good to see happy KIS users over here. Please feel free to post your questions if you have them. I'm happy to help. Also there are some very smart Kaspersky users around here as well

8. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

I'm not too sure if this is specific to my system but i've noticed quite a bit of system lag when running KIS 7 alongside defensewall. My system seems to quite often hang or freeze for a few seconds while browsing the web. I removed defensewall temporarily and the problem appears to have gone away. Not too sure what the exact problem is i'm still looking into it.

9. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Sandboxie with Vista does not like Kaspersky V7. Error messages start popping up when you go to browse.

10. trjam

trjam Registered Member

But I am also using it and liking it.;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.