I'm desperate - "corrupt Images" driving me crazy!!!!!

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Hannes, Sep 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hannes

Hannes Registered Member

Sorry guys, but that was the very last time I bought an update version of TI!!! I started with version 6 and was happy, updated to 7 and was even more satisfied. Since I bought version 8 I have problems with "corrupted" Images (I suspect that those Images are OK but the program fails to recognice this). During all the 8-builds that problem persisted - sometimes it worked, often not. Since version 9, however, it always finds a corrupted image .
    I make a backup under XP, that works and the verification is OK. When I try to restore, E00070020 shows "corrupted image" and stops the restore process( so much for drive C) When I use the boot disk to verify- corrupt image. This is true for build 2247,2259 and 2271 - no change here. By the way, when I use a build 859 (TI 8 ) bootable cd, I can successfully verify the image that I created with TI9.

I'm tired to be a beta tester and pay to be one! I have other things to do than playing around to try to get a program working that should increase my data safety in the first place.
    Will go back to TI 7 now, and watch the market for a comparable product that works.

2. Andrew-A

Andrew-A Guest

Have to agree, just paid $35 dollers for TI9 and it hasn't managed to restore any image always get corrupt image even with images that I know are fine, never ever had a problem with 8 and in fact it saved my bacon this time, left to TI 9 I wouldn't have a working pc now. contacted tech sup for help and asked for a refund. not a word so far. very poor.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello all,

Thank you for describing all the problems you're experiencing when using Acronis True Image 9.0. We have reviewed each of them and can tell you that the majority of the issues (including the problem with reporting images being corrupt when they really aren't) have already been resolved. All the other issues have been forwarded to our development team for investigation and they'll also be resolved in the near future. We expect that the next build we officially release will have the fixes for all the problems listed in this post.

Thank you for your patience and understanding and please accept our apologies for the inconvenience you're currently experiencing. We assure you that we'll do everything possible to adress all the possible problems you may run into when using Acronis True Image in the very near future.

Thank you.

Sergeev Sergey.

4. sconnell

sconnell Registered Member

>Thank you for your patience and understanding and please accept our
    >apologies for the inconvenience you're currently experiencing. We assure you >that we'll do everything possible to adress all the possible problems you may >run into when using Acronis True Image in the very near future.

WTH?

What does that mean?

Perhaps I am misinterpreting that response... but to me that translates into, "Yes, we know there are problems with our product but be patient, one day the product will work as advertised."

I am frustrated because I too have had many problems with corrupt images (that appeared fine during the backup process) and also with restored that do not boot. Perhaps it is time to return to Ghost?

Shawn

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.