I'm Curious - Anyone Else having this problem

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by thecreator, Jul 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thecreator

thecreator Registered Member

Hi All,

Acronis True Image 10 Home version 4942.

Does anyone else have a mixture of straight IDE Hard Drives (2) and 1 SATA Hard Drive which the motherboard supports, installed in their computer? On my computer with the SATA Hard Drive configured in Computer BIOS as an IDE Hard Drive, booting up the Full Version of True Image 10 Home from the Bootable Rescue CD is impossible because it always hangs.

Error message: hdb: error waiting on DMA
    Also where the Restore process requires a reboot to complete restoring a partition from the installed version, it also hangs on the reboot.

It is just me, or are others also experiencing this problem with a mixture of Hard Drives installed?

Last edited: Jul 18, 2007
  2. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

There is not a problem having a mixture of drives, at least in TI9.
    The problem is that the TI recovery environment which is Linux, is not happy with your hardware most likely because it doesn't have the proper drivers. When TI reboots to do a restore which was started in Windows it loads the Linux environment.

You have 2 options if nobody is able to help you. First is raise a support ticket with Acronis. Second is make a BartPE disk.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello thecreator,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Could you please use bootable media created with Acronis True Image 10.0 Home to boot the standalone version of Acronis True Image with "acpi=off noapic" parameter as it is described in Acronis Help Post? If that does not help, please try booting with "nodma" parameter (without quotes).

Please create Acronis Report and Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

If you not able to create Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) then please do the following:

- Boot your computer from the Acronis True Image Bootable CD and press F11 key when the selection screen advising you to select either "Full", "Safe" or "Boot into Windows" option appears;

- After you get the "Linux kernel command line" prompt, remove the word "quiet", click on the OK button then and choose "Full Version".

When the screen stop scrolling please write down the output information you receive (last 5 lines), or use a digital camera to make shots of the output screens and send the captured information to Acronis Support Team. You can use Shift+PgUp and Shift+PgDn keys to scroll the screen manually.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Michael Fedyulin

4. eniqmah

eniqmah Registered Member

TI9 will do this to you. The reason is described above by TI9. In my system, TI9 is very sensitive about which Drives are set in which ways. If I was to store my images on a SATA drive, I would be fine, but images on PATA drives will notbe recognized when I use the ATI bootdisk. Further, backing up and writing images to PATA drives will take forever. I'm still mistyfied by this problem.

5. thecreator

thecreator Registered Member

Hi Michael Fedyulin,

I am currently working with Acronis Support on this issue, but I was curious if any one besides myself was having this problem.

I am running Acronis True Image 10 Home release 4942 version. We already tried everything that was suggested.

I have a Netgear Storage Central Unit SC101 and Acronis can't read from those drives, booting from the Acronis Bootable Rescue Media CD, so my motherboard supports both IDE Hard Drives and SATA Hard Drives, so I added a partitioned 500 GB Seagate SATA Hard Drive to the mix and storing the Drive Images created on the SATA Hard Drive.

I can only create or restore from the Bootable Rescue Media CD's Safe Version. The Full Version hangs at hdb: error waiting on DMA. And while I posted in the Acronis True Image Product Line forum, the same problem exists with the Acronis Disk Director Suite 10's Bootable Rescue Media CD's Full Version.

I own both programs.

I have Acronis True Image 10 Home installed in Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 2, but I also have in other partitions in the same computer, Windows ME and Windows ME second copy, because Windows 98 SE doesn't run on this computer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.